Check Me Out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Check Me Out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Check Me Out

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 20, 2005 4:22 pm

Hey all, need some help with the lineup. My team's doing fantastic so far, but I don't feel confident that it'll take me down the stretch or how I'll look after the break. And I haven't been able to get an edge on HR's, RBI's, SV's, K's, and WHIP's. Plus I'm having ISSUES!! with figuring out who to start day to day (I'm pretty new to MLB). By the way, trades don't come easy in my league; never have. My league is veto happy, even if the proposals are fair, legit, or even awesome. Any advice? Comments? Anything?

Stat Cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C B. Inge (Det - C,3B,OF)
1B T. Helton (Col - 1B)
2B B. Roberts (Bal - 2B)
3B M. Ensberg (Hou - 3B)
SS C. Barmes (Col - 2B,SS)
OF M. Bradley (LAD - OF)
OF T. Nixon (Bos - OF)
OF C. Floyd (NYM - OF)
Util A. Soriano (Tex - 2B)
BN J. Posada (NYY - C)
BN C. Crawford (TB - OF)
BN V. Guerrero (LAA - OF)
BN J. Edmonds (StL - OF)
BN S. Hillenbrand (Tor - 1B,3B)

SP M. Buehrle (CWS - SP)
SP R. Oswalt (Hou - SP)
RP B. Ryan (Bal - RP)
RP J. Nathan (Min - RP)
P J. Garland (CWS - SP)
P D. Willis (Fla - SP)
P A. Burnett (Fla - SP)
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri May 20, 2005 5:00 pm

Try package out Hillenbrand for a Carlos Lee type.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 20, 2005 5:27 pm

Hate to ask this, but what/who would be considered a Carlos Lee type? Like I said, new to MLB . . . thanks
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RJCarrot » Fri May 20, 2005 5:31 pm

Im thinking Carlos Lee would be a good start ;-D
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 20, 2005 6:12 pm

Funny thing, Carlos Lee just became available on the wires . . . any advice on who I should drop to pick him up? I know the suggestion for Hillebrand was made, but I'd like to trade out for an OF, considering how deep I am in that dept.
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 20, 2005 7:06 pm

I'll assume Vlad, Edmonds and Crawford were on the bench for the off-day for starters...otherwise you're confused on which players are good and which ones are flat-out awesome ;)

How many teams in this league? This team has 3 possible 1st round guys on it for a 12 team league (Vlad, Soriano and Crawford). If it's not quite as deep of a league I can see how that happened but otherwise I'm confused since you said that trades are hard to come by.

I'd try to move B. Roberts or Soriano while their both hot to try and get a stud bat (since the player you pick up can take the Util slot). If this is a roto league you might want to package the 2B with one of your SP for a top 5 SP (Santana would be very reasonable with a top 2B + whichever SP you want to keep least...in fact that might be overpaying given the 5 SP's that you have). Also if this is a roto you could use another closer or two. If it's H2H though the only thing I can see is dealing for a more potent bat for the Util slot or 3B...maybe try to pick up Arod for Roberts or Soriano + Ensberg.

It's hard to give good advice without knowing the number of teams and the scoring though. If this is a 12 team league I don't know that I'd make ANY trades though. Then again, if this is a 12 team league I don't know if the people your playing against have a pulse.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby rudeswings » Sat May 21, 2005 4:22 am

That's precisely why they were on the bench. 'Cause Vlad and Edmonds were off-days, and Crawford's been hittin' chilly .179 in the last 14, so given my options, I thought it would be best to sit him out. This is a five team roto league, and trades DO come by real stingy!!!! If the other manager accepts the proposal, the 3 other managers usually veto the trade, which is absolutely frustrating to me. I even tested this by offering a real decent package which included Crawford, Nathan, and Willis for Gagne and Hoffman to a manager who desperately needed some quick pick-ups, and it was still vetoed, even considering I've been steadily in first place for the past month or so and he's been in the bottom two for past two months.

So, Carlos Lee is still available on WW, and get this, so are Andruw Jones, Luis Gonzalez, Craig Biggio, Justin Morneau, Brian Giles, and Pedro Feliz. I know most of these aren't HUGE deals, but I'm just surprised the other managers haven't picked them up considering how dismal their teams look with DL's and what not. So what do you say? Should I really take a pick on any of these guys and if so, who do I drop in their place? And you've got to realize this . . . I'm the new guy to MLB and Fantasy Baseball in this league, but I wanna keep moppin' 'em!! There's no point in staying in first, if you can't end in first!

The Loveable Losers wrote:I'll assume Vlad, Edmonds and Crawford were on the bench for the off-day for starters...otherwise you're confused on which players are good and which ones are flat-out awesome ;)

How many teams in this league? This team has 3 possible 1st round guys on it for a 12 team league (Vlad, Soriano and Crawford). If it's not quite as deep of a league I can see how that happened but otherwise I'm confused since you said that trades are hard to come by.

I'd try to move B. Roberts or Soriano while their both hot to try and get a stud bat (since the player you pick up can take the Util slot). If this is a roto league you might want to package the 2B with one of your SP for a top 5 SP (Santana would be very reasonable with a top 2B + whichever SP you want to keep least...in fact that might be overpaying given the 5 SP's that you have). Also if this is a roto you could use another closer or two. If it's H2H though the only thing I can see is dealing for a more potent bat for the Util slot or 3B...maybe try to pick up Arod for Roberts or Soriano + Ensberg.

It's hard to give good advice without knowing the number of teams and the scoring though. If this is a 12 team league I don't know that I'd make ANY trades though. Then again, if this is a 12 team league I don't know if the people your playing against have a pulse.
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team