RP D. Turnbow (Mil - SP,RP)
P T. Walker (SF - RP)
P H. Street (Oak - RP)
P A. Burnett (Fla - SP)
BN B. Myers (Phi - SP)
BN C. Carpenter (StL - SP)
BN J. Marquis (StL - SP)
BN B. Arroyo (Bos - SP)

This team needs some SERIOUS power help. When your power guys are D. Lee, C. Patterson, J. Damon and P. Feliz it's never a good thing. I believe that Iguchi is going to have an excellent season though. Ensberg and Greene were late round pickups to put a warm body in but Feliz could slide into one of their spots if I pick up a heavy hitter from any position.

This would be a bad thing except for the SP staff. Peavy, Clemens, Burnett, Myers, Carpenter, Marquis and Arroyo gives me SEVEN quality SP's (most of whom are K pitchers or play for strong offensive teams). I could definitely afford to move one of them for a big bat if I needed to do so.

Lastly, Ive got 4 closers at the moment. Obviously T. Walker and H. Street may (in Street's case probably will) give up the job at some point. Lyon and Turnbow on the other hand should both be solid (since the season doesn't start until June 20th).

Other than trying to pick up a big bat or two in return for a SP or two is there anything else that needs done here?
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Fri May 20, 2005 3:41 pm

I'll Tell you this much, you are not going to lose in SB category. That is almost all I can promise. Unless Derrek Lee keeps going strong you are screwed. I believe you can get GREAT value for him right now. So try trading.

What round did you get him in? What overall pick?

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 20, 2005 4:03 pm

I picked up Lee round 2 with the 13th overall pick.

I'm one of the true believers out there. The guy has better career numbers than Ortiz (though never with an outburst like the 41hr's that Ortiz had last year) and has always been a guy to put up a few sb's. It looks like he's put it all together this year.

For this team's sake I better hope I'm right because he's DEFINITELY the key guy on this offense. I sacrificed hitting to get some pitching a couple times...I had the opportunity for guys like Konerko, etc. and passed on them to better the pitching staff. I just felt the value there in the pitchers that were left was just too high to pass on.

I've got to cross my fingers with the offense...like you mentioned, I should carry the SB's most weeks (and without relying on SB's from any one guy which was part of my draft strategy once I realized I had the 12th and last pick). Most of the time I'd draft solid offense early but with the snake pick I like to take 2 SP's, 2 RP's or 2 speed guys to try and start runs on them. (although I passed on the Ichiro/Crawford first round...figured I needed at least some power too which is why I took Lee - good sb's + power). My 3rd/4th pick was Peavy/Clemens and at other times later in the draft I took Lyon/Turnbow and Carpenter/Marquis. A couple times that started a mini-run on that position which is exactly what I'm hoping for by doing that.

The only other thing I did slightly out of the ordinary was focusing on getting Feliz (took him in round 9/10). I knew I'd be weak on the left side of the IF by this point and having a quality guy that can play both of those positions is a huge benefit. I can trade for a good bat period now and have Ensberg OR Greene to play on an everyday basis instead of both...and if Freel gets a lot of playing time I can actually sit both Ensberg AND Greene if I trade for a big bat - regardless of what position that guy happens to play.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 20, 2005 4:52 pm

I'd say keep Ensberg in your lineup until he cools off significantly, he's still hot right now and then package out Damon, Carpenter, Arroyo for another solid all arounder like Ichiro or Lee. You may not have the power, but hopefully, maybe you can keep the rest of your offensive stats up until an inexpensive opportunity for a slugger comes up.

rate me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 715#963715
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 20, 2005 4:54 pm

I meant to package out Damon, Carpenter, Arroyo, for OTHER all around playerS . . . not just A player . . . sorry . . . my bad
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team