Help Me Out! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help Me Out!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which starting pitcher would you trade, either for saves or a slugging 3B or OF?

Halladay
No votes
Vazquez
33%
Bonderman
33%
Package with Maddux, pray for an idiot in the leauge
33%

Total votes : 3

Help Me Out!

Postby nokona13 » Fri May 20, 2005 1:25 pm

So this was an autopick league being run at my girlfriend's company. She didn't tell me about it until after the draft, so the team was taken with the Yahoo default list. I'm trying my best to salvage the season because there's SWEET company tickets (4th row behind home plate at Dodger stadium) for the playoffs to the winning team. I've made some plays at the margins, trying to ride some hot players, but no major trades yet. What should I be looking to do. My pitchers are sort of all on a similar rotation, so my pitching points fluctuate from mostly 9s and 10s to 11s to 13s depending on the time of the week (aside from saves, obviously, where I'm just riding k-rod to keep out of the complete cellar). I was thinking maybe I'd try to trade one of my better pitchers for maybe 3B or OF help? Should I instead trade a starter for another top closer? If I had another prolific closer I'd pretty much guarantee myself some extra points, but maybe a better slugger would get my HR/RBI numbers both up. I have 3/13 points in saves and 5/13 in both HR and RBI.

13 team Yahoo roto points league:

C - R. Hernandez
1B - T. Helton, A LaRoche (BN)
2B - B. Boone
3B - J. Randa
SS - E. Renteria, Garciaparra (BN)
OF - C. Crawford, C. Lee, P. Wilson, C. Everett (BN), B. Bonds (DL)
Util - T. Martinez

SP - Halladay, Vazquez, Maddux, Bonderman, Maroth, D. Davis (BN)
RP - Fr. Rodriguez, A. Otsuka, C. Reitsma (BN)
nokona13 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri May 20, 2005 2:10 pm

maybe u can deal maddux and tino for for a 3b and another OF. I think you should keep halladay most though. No one else should really be untouchable.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Trade Proposal

Postby nokona13 » Fri May 20, 2005 2:42 pm

So someone in my league inexplicably still has Luis Gonzalez on the bench. They also have Beltre. I thought maybe they were down on both guys and liked your proposal, so I offered Maddux and Tino for Beltre and Gonzalez. Probably get laughed at, but what if I could work say Vazquez and Tino for those two, or even Bonderman and Tino? Anyone with ideas. This guy is starting Hafner at first, so could use the help.
nokona13 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby LooseCannon » Fri May 20, 2005 3:45 pm

Look, that trade you proposed will not be accepted in a million years.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Fri May 20, 2005 3:50 pm

You could probably get Randa,Bonderman, Tino for Beltre and Gonzalez at the least. I think you would be taking a risk with Beltre but he might come through. BONDS, your team's life rests on his shoulders.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nokona13 » Fri May 20, 2005 4:19 pm

Yah, I know the trade is ridiculous. Gonzalez has been on the bench behind some WEAK outfielders on this guy's team for like a week or two, so I'm hoping I can just make an absolute steal. My more realistic hope is to get a counter-offer of something like Vazquez/Bonderman, Tino, and Randa if he wants him for those two guys.
nokona13 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 20, 2005 4:31 pm

I'd try to trade out Crawford and Bonds. Even when Bonds comes back he won't be that much help to fantasy, and Crawford's looking so dismal right now, but there are still people who have faith in him. You gotta trade a top shelf batter in a package to get a solid ace in your staff, usually . . . USUALLY. And drop Maddux to pick up a sleeper pitcher. Albeit, I live in Vegas and I'm a Cubs fan and I like Maddux and he's talented and a nice guy, but he's just not helping your fantasy team!

rate me: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 715#963715
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team