What poker site do you guys play? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What poker site do you guys play?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby so0perspam » Mon May 23, 2005 3:05 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:All this talk about poker has given me a couple ideas.

1)We could have a heads-up challenge/tournament like the one that's being aired on NBC. We could either do this tournament style where you're eliminated at first loss, or we could do this round-robin style where the person with the most wins is declared the winner. This would most likely have to be played on PokerStars or Ultimate Bet, as they're the only two sites I know of with heads-up tables. We could use real-money or play-money depending on what the people who are interested prefer.

2)We could have a cafe poker tournament. I couldn't set the tournament up myself, but I could probably find an affilliate to a poke site who would be able too. This could be a freeroll or we could have a small entry fee in order to have prize money for the participants.

Who all would be interested in this? If enough people show interest and if Madison or someone would be willing to help me out with setting everything up, I'll create a new thread to have a proper sign up.

Great idea baseballer. I'd be in for sure, and wouldn't mind helping to set it up either. ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue May 24, 2005 2:02 am

I'm always up to play. Just tell me when and where. Not sure I've got the time to organize it, but I'll help out if I can. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantFan666 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:47 am

so0perspam wrote:

1)We could have a heads-up challenge/tournament like the one that's being aired on NBC. We could either do this tournament style where you're eliminated at first loss, or we could do this round-robin style where the person with the most wins is declared the winner. This would most likely have to be played on PokerStars or Ultimate Bet, as they're the only two sites I know of with heads-up tables. We could use real-money or play-money depending on what the people who are interested prefer.

2)We could have a cafe poker tournament. I couldn't set the tournament up myself, but I could probably find an affilliate to a poke site who would be able too. This could be a freeroll or we could have a small entry fee in order to have prize money for the participants.

Who all would be interested in this? If enough people show interest and if Madison or someone would be willing to help me out with setting everything up, I'll create a new thread to have a proper sign up.

Great idea baseballer. I'd be in for sure, and wouldn't mind helping to set it up either. ;-D

Count me in as well!! I know there are plenty of us that play cards
Maybe we could re-name the Fantasy Hockey Cafe into the Fantasy Poker Cafe... and go from there!! ;-D
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby reznorsboy » Tue May 24, 2005 5:16 am

You kids and your dang Poker :-?

Best player in the world is Canadian though Daniel Negreanu ;-D
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanK » Tue May 24, 2005 6:19 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

Count me in as well!! I know there are plenty of us that play cards
Maybe we could re-name the Fantasy Hockey Cafe into the Fantasy Poker Cafe... and go from there!! ;-D

Low Blow!!!

Hockey will be back, mark my words... it may take some time for people to realize how great of a sport it is, but thats when I'll be the star of the leauge, playing or sometype of marking scheme (everyone can have dreams, right?)

But on the poker note.. I'd be down to play... just have to find something compatable with a mac.. pokerroom is the second site i tried, after pokerstars, and it is compatable.. never looked elsewere
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Bradg533 » Tue May 24, 2005 6:28 pm

pokerstars is the sheeet ;-D

my name is bradg433 if you guys wanna lose anytime :-D
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor