Jose Guillen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jose Guillen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Guillen

Postby cookman » Thu May 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Does anyone know if he is going to play tomorrow? He was expected back for the Toronto series, but that was a couple days ago and I haven't heard anything since. Any news anyone has would be appreciated.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sarnell2 » Fri May 20, 2005 4:14 pm

May 20 Manager Frank Robinson said that Guillen (triceps, ribcage) would play this weekend against Toronto, the Nationals website reports.

Recommendation: Guillen has missed three games so far with the accumulated injuries. With the rib problem included, DH wouldn't seem to be an option for Guillen -- expect him to be in right field, or not in the lineup at all.
RotoWire

May 20 Nationals outfielder Jose Guillen expects to play on Friday against the Blue Jays, MLB.com reported. Guillen has missed the last three games due to a muscle pull in his right rib cage and sore left triceps.

Views: The Nats have looked punchless the last three days (six total runs), and it will help to have their top slugger back in action.
Fanball.com

May 20 The Associated Press reports Washington Nationals OF Jose Guillen (rib), after missing the team's past three games due to a strained rib muscle, is expected to return to the lineup Friday, May 20. KFFL

May 20 Despite a combination of ribcage and left triceps injuries, Guillen is expected to play this weekend when Washington squares off against Toronto. That's the word from Nationals manager Frank Robinson. Guillen, who has been out of the Washington lineup the last three days, is batting .296 with eight home runs and 22 RBI in 38 games.
sarnell2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mamiemell » Tue May 24, 2005 3:04 pm

Is it safe to assume Guillen is over the injury?
mamiemell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm

3-for-7 yesterday and 2-for-3 today (so far) with a HR. I'm guessing he's healthy.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby cookman » Wed May 25, 2005 3:12 pm

Damn, he just hit another bomb. I'd say he's feeling alright.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mamiemell » Wed May 25, 2005 3:21 pm

Holy cow. He's gone mad with power.

Alot of what I read says that he fades as the season progresses. Do you think this will be the case in a new team/good (loving) city? I just don't know how to feel about him.
mamiemell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nuggets » Wed May 25, 2005 5:48 pm

mamiemell wrote:Holy cow. He's gone mad with power.

Alot of what I read says that he fades as the season progresses. Do you think this will be the case in a new team/good (loving) city? I just don't know how to feel about him.

Oh Guillen has stud potential he just has to keep it together upstairs. Take what you can get and don't be suprised if he's near the top of the fantasy heap of batters at the end of the year.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Jose G

Postby Jaxx68 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:52 am

Damn, as soon as I bench him for the week. Which was tough, since he had a trip to Cinncy on the schedule.
Damn!
Bud Selig is the worst commissioner of all time! Don Fehr is the Anti-Christ! Steroids= Fame, Fortune, Governor!
Ban the Balco Barbarian and all the rest!
Jaxx68
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Injuries & Player Updates