Brett Myers breakout season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brett Myers breakout season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu May 19, 2005 12:18 pm

The Thrill wrote:6 runs or not, Myers is starting to show why scouts were comparing him to Mark Prior two years ago. I suspect he's going to keep up the good pitching for years to come.

;-D

I don't ever recall a scout comparing Myers to Prior. Prior was a MUCH better prospect than Myers ever was.

Myers has a chance to be a real good pitcher but until 1 1/2 months ago, he was marginal at best. I doubt he'll keep up this pace but he has an excellent chance to be a top 20 pitcher by year's end.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJCarrot » Thu May 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:$20 says Brett Myers will give up at least 6 runs tonight. He is going to get BLOWN UP by the Cards!!!

Id take that bet. And your money.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby AT » Thu May 19, 2005 1:00 pm

Yeah don't forget to watch that game "tonight"... After it starts in 5 minutes and he throws 8 scoreless I'll get back to you about that bet before "tonight"'s game.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Kavorka » Thu May 19, 2005 1:03 pm

I want in on this bet too. I love the action.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mordraken » Thu May 19, 2005 1:30 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Thrill wrote:6 runs or not, Myers is starting to show why scouts were comparing him to Mark Prior two years ago. I suspect he's going to keep up the good pitching for years to come.

;-D

I don't ever recall a scout comparing Myers to Prior. Prior was a MUCH better prospect than Myers ever was.

I do. When Prior and Myers came up at about the same time, they were pretty much flip-flopping between the top prospect slots. Myers was actually ranked ahead of Prior for a while - until Prior came up first and left Myers behind in the minors.

Maybe they weren't compared direclty to each other (like "Myers is like Prior") but they were definetly the top pitching prospects in baseball at the same time.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu May 19, 2005 2:00 pm

Good get your checkbooks ready to pay me!!

Half way there & only in the 3rd inning.

Brett is getting BLOWN UP TODAY!!

;-D
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Thu May 19, 2005 2:08 pm

6K's through 3 and the only blemishes are a homer by Pujols and 1 by Edmonds. Everyone allows homers by those dudes. Myers is a horse. "Kneigh"
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu May 19, 2005 2:24 pm

Mordraken wrote:
Yoda wrote:

;-D

I do. When Prior and Myers came up at about the same time, they were pretty much flip-flopping between the top prospect slots. Myers was actually ranked ahead of Prior for a while - until Prior came up first and left Myers behind in the minors.

Maybe they weren't compared direclty to each other (like "Myers is like Prior") but they were definetly the top pitching prospects in baseball at the same time.

I'm sorry but Prior was a far better prospect that year. Prior and Beckett drew comparisons that season but Myers was pretty far back from them.

In any case, Myers was a top prospect in Phillies organization and they compared him to Schilling a lot. I remember it clearly since I drafted Prior (yet to pitch professional ball at the time) AND Beckett that year and followed Myers in the minors to pick him up when he came up later in the season.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/fe ... at100.html
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AT » Thu May 19, 2005 3:04 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Good get your checkbooks ready to pay me!!

Half way there & only in the 3rd inning.

Brett is getting BLOWN UP TODAY!!

;-D

6IP, 3ER so far and throw in 0 BB and 8K

That's a quality start brotha. I hope your penis skin is rolling cause you got a lot of cash to be dolin out.
Last edited by AT on Thu May 19, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Thu May 19, 2005 3:06 pm

sorry, let me clarify. That term refers to the material of a wallet owned by this guy who is "rolling" (rich) that I work with. I hope that clears up my last rant.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers