guess now i know y peeps complain bout trades in pub leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

guess now i know y peeps complain bout trades in pub leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

guess now i know y peeps complain bout trades in pub leagues

Postby Laean » Wed May 18, 2005 11:13 pm

because all my friends that i'm in my league with are stingy bastards that hate to trade, i was getting bored so i decided to join a public league. the first day, i traded my arod + sheets + ol perez 4 his tejada + vazquez + hoffman + mota with some team and was thinking "wow, people do trade more in other leagues. how fun." then i see that this trade is pending between two other teams:

team A gets:

Manny
crawford
delgado
mora

team B gets:

burnitz
konerko
wilkerson
ward

now ... am i just seeing things wrong because i'm not an objective observer? or is that a horrendous trade even to objective observers here at the cafe?

i am a real strong believer in no collusion = no veto, so i'm not going to veto that, but damn, a trade like that being accepted 2 days after a public mid season league is formed sure seems as close to how bad a collusion trade can get to me.

i don't know if i'll be able to force myself to be active in that league if a couple more trades like that go through, especially to the same team that's getting manny+.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coherentinsomnia » Wed May 18, 2005 11:18 pm

veto it...it is obviouslt collusion, unless the team is managed by the top four players getting ripped off it is definitley collussion.

i had a trade in one league that was so ridiculous it wa sobviously collussion, seeing as soon as it was vetoed he tried it again and again hoping we would give him.

"Please do not feed the animals, that is our job"
coherentinsomnia
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thehat » Thu May 19, 2005 12:26 am

There just doesn't seem to be any possibility this isn't collusion. And since it's a mid-season league, I'd be outta there in a hurry. I'm not suggesting you drop all your guys, just bench the entire roster and find another league.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby reznorsboy » Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 am

It's like Manny is a throw in...one of the better hitters in the league. something is up
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 am

thehat wrote:There just doesn't seem to be any possibility this isn't collusion. And since it's a mid-season league, I'd be outta there in a hurry. I'm not suggesting you drop all your guys, just bench the entire roster and find another league.

yeah i'm leaning toward that right now. i posted something on the msg board so i'll wait and see what they say.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mbuser » Thu May 19, 2005 1:06 am

thehat wrote:There just doesn't seem to be any possibility this isn't collusion. And since it's a mid-season league, I'd be outta there in a hurry. I'm not suggesting you drop all your guys, just bench the entire roster and find another league.

how is benching all his players and bailing going to help the situation? don't do that -- email yahoo while the trade is pending and see what they do about it
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby davidmarver » Thu May 19, 2005 1:13 am

How did TheYanks04 get in your league? :-b Kidding of course ;-)
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Laean » Thu May 19, 2005 3:01 am

mbuser wrote:

how is benching all his players and bailing going to help the situation? don't do that -- email yahoo while the trade is pending and see what they do about it

oh wait, i didn't see that the original guy i quoted also said BENCH the players.

i'm not going to do that. if i quit i'll just leave my team alone and stop checking up on it.

i don't want to purposely ruin a league (for the ones who aren't cheating, if they still choose to play for whatever reason), but i certainly won't invest hours of my time into it either.

anyway, the guy said there was no collusion, of course he could be lying, but i'm going to let this one slide. i'm just generous and kind that way. :-D
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers