Lyon not closing again!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lyon not closing again!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lyon not closing again!!!

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed May 18, 2005 10:55 pm

WTF! I know he pitched three days in a row last week but geez.

Is this guy hurt more than they are leading on?
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jmon » Wed May 18, 2005 10:58 pm

Well Biggio just homered off Bruney, so let's see what happens now. :-?
Jmon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CPHFighter1 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:25 pm

Jmon wrote:Well Biggio just homered off Bruney, so let's see what happens now. :-?

I doubt this makes any difference at all. Lyon by no means lost the job, he's just a bit banged up right now. I think they're just being careful with him. Nevertheless, elbow soreness makes me nervous.

From Rotoworld (May 18):
Brandon Lyon hasn't pitched since he threw one inning last Thursday.
Manager Bob Melvin says he was probably available last night had he been needed and that he's just taken this time off for precautionary reasons due to some elbow soreness. They're also saying that he won't pitch in three straight games again this year, so when he needs a day off, look for Brian Bruney to get save opportunities. It may not be a bad idea to grab him for insurance if you own Lyon.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed May 18, 2005 11:29 pm

Article from rototimes.com on 5/18

Brandon Lyon
Arizona manager Bob Melvin told the AP on Monday that he will continue to rest closer Brandon Lyon until the pitcher no longer has discomfort in his sore right elbow. "I don't want him feeling anything," Melvin said. "He's unavailable until I deem him available."
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby devastor » Wed May 18, 2005 11:40 pm

MAN!! I need his SAVE POINTS!!
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Thu May 19, 2005 1:17 am

Lyon has been placed on the 15 day DL as of wednesday PM.

Bummer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-diamondbacksmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Arizona Diamondbacks placed closer Brandon Lyon on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday night because of mild tendinitis in his right elbow.

Lyon had been held out of Arizona's last five games after pitching in three straight last week. He was feeling some discomfort in his right arm following that stretch and Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin chose to be cautious with Lyon, who missed all of the 2004 season after having surgery on the ulnar nerve in his elbow.

``This will give us time to make sure he's 100 percent,'' Melvin said, ``and that his mind is clear before we bring him back.''

The 25-year-old Lyon had recovered nicely from the surgery and is tied for the league lead with 13 saves. His role will be filled by reliever Brian Bruney, who got his third save of the season against Houston in a 7-6 win Wednesday night.

``Right now it's better for me and the team to take some time off and straighten things up a little bit,'' Lyon said.

The Diamondbacks promoted infielder Matt Kata from Triple-A Tucson to take Lyon's roster spot.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu May 19, 2005 2:35 am

Well, now the race will be on in my league. I hope Yahoo gives him the DL designation pronto so I can stash Lyon and grab Bruney before the land rush.

I have a bad feeling, though. :-o
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DGroundhog » Thu May 19, 2005 3:45 am

I guess he should be available on saturday the 28th. Sounds like there is no threat of him losing the gig for now.

Passing on Bruney personally. A little rough tonight but he got the job done. If he continues to get the job done he probably gets the chances while Lyon is out, but there are other options there.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Box » Thu May 19, 2005 8:32 am

DGroundhog wrote:Lyon has been placed on the 15 day DL as of wednesday PM.

Bummer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-diamondbacksmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Arizona Diamondbacks placed closer Brandon Lyon on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday night because of mild tendinitis in his right elbow.

Lyon had been held out of Arizona's last five games after pitching in three straight last week. He was feeling some discomfort in his right arm following that stretch and Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin chose to be cautious with Lyon, who missed all of the 2004 season after having surgery on the ulnar nerve in his elbow.

``This will give us time to make sure he's 100 percent,'' Melvin said, ``and that his mind is clear before we bring him back.''

The 25-year-old Lyon had recovered nicely from the surgery and is tied for the league lead with 13 saves. His role will be filled by reliever Brian Bruney, who got his third save of the season against Houston in a 7-6 win Wednesday night.

``Right now it's better for me and the team to take some time off and straighten things up a little bit,'' Lyon said.

The Diamondbacks promoted infielder Matt Kata from Triple-A Tucson to take Lyon's roster spot.

:-° :-°

Shipped him off last night before I saw this. Thank Jeebus. Other owner is gonna be pissed.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 19, 2005 11:25 am

I picked up Bruney cuz im desperate for saves
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert