100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds is immobilized

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed May 18, 2005 10:12 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Wow.....hope he recovers fully. ;-D

I don't. ;-D

Are you serious? You actually wish ill will on another human being who has never done anything to you or your family. Would you like him to die? Would that make you feel good?
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokey » Wed May 18, 2005 10:13 pm

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/arti ... p&c_id=mlb

sabean's saying there's no truth to the rumors.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Punisher » Wed May 18, 2005 10:29 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

I don't. ;-D

Are you serious? You actually wish ill will on another human being who has never done anything to you or your family. Would you like him to die? Would that make you feel good?

Baeball=Family, He cheated on baseball=He cheated on my family :-t
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed May 18, 2005 10:31 pm

The Punisher wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

I don't. ;-D

Baeball=Family, He cheated on baseball=He cheated on my family :-t

Haha.....I hope your not serious.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby solracp25 » Wed May 18, 2005 10:31 pm

Well I guess its for the better he doesn't ever play again. People would riot if he passes ruth, and especially he became the record holder. I never wanted to believe he took steroids, I thought he was just taking growth hormones, but after he admitted to it, even if it was accidental I don't want his name in the record book.

Hes done a good job so far, creating a nice way to escape from the game without the chance of getting tested. It seems very intentional to me, but I guess we won't know for awhile
solracp25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PackMan » Wed May 18, 2005 10:31 pm

There is a type of resistant staph infection (MRSA) that is mainly treated with vancomycin. Vancomycin only comes in an IV form so that could be a possible explanation for why he's on IV therapy.

Also, some steroids (albuterol, prednisone) are used frequently to lower the immune system in disease states like asthma and organ transplants. I don't know if the type of steriods he might have taken would have this effect, but some types definately lower your immune system and are used specifically for that purpose.
PackMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sisyphus » Wed May 18, 2005 10:36 pm

My wife is a doctor. Really, she is. She told me that she believes that Bonds developed a post-operative staph infection in his knee. That type of infection is not uncommon. It is typically treated with IV anti-biotics for 6 weeks. After that rehab...etc can begin. He is definetly out for the year. Interestingly, she pointed out that one of the reasons he may be having such difficulty recovering is because if he has been on steroids his immune system will have been depressed to the point that he will have problems fighting infections. In addition, steroids are also very destructive to the bones. They bring on osteoporosis, and obviously make them weaker and more susceptible to infection. So in effect, Bonds' bad acts of the past are potentially coming back to bite him in the ass. The guy took roids to break records, and now they are causing his body to break down before he can accomplish the goals he had when he sold out. Absolutely priceless!
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sisyphus » Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm

Sorry for the double up on that information.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed May 18, 2005 10:40 pm

sisyphus wrote:My wife is a doctor. Really, she is. She told me that she believes that Bonds developed a post-operative staph infection in his knee.

staph infection....

where have i heard that before?

???
:-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed May 18, 2005 10:41 pm

sisyphus wrote:My wife is a doctor. Really, she is. She told me that she believes that Bonds developed a post-operative staph infection in his knee. That type of infection is not uncommon. It is typically treated with IV anti-biotics for 6 weeks. After that rehab...etc can begin. He is definetly out for the year. Interestingly, she pointed out that one of the reasons he may be having such difficulty recovering is because if he has been on steroids his immune system will have been depressed to the point that he will have problems fighting infections. In addition, steroids are also very destructive to the bones. They bring on osteoporosis, and obviously make them weaker and more susceptible to infection. So in effect, Bonds' bad acts of the past are potentially coming back to bite him in the ass. The guy took roids to break records, and now they are causing his body to break down before he can accomplish the goals he had when he sold out. Absolutely priceless!

Nice info. Always good to have access to someone with medical knowledge!! Thanks for the update sisyphus. ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers