danny (i cant pitch) graves owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

danny (i cant pitch) graves owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

danny (i cant pitch) graves owners

Postby cy23young » Wed May 18, 2005 6:48 pm

I just dropped graves. I cant understand why cincy has this guy as a closer. I cant understand why any team would pay for graves services. He cant pitch. I dont know why i waited this long to drop this guy. He only can help in saves. Everytime i think im getting my era, and whip down, graves blows up.

This question is did i do the right thing by dropping graves?
cy23young
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed May 18, 2005 6:53 pm

for the short-term it's not a good move, but i bet they'll get to removing him for the closer role and maybe to another team soon enough.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: danny (i cant pitch) graves owners

Postby thehat » Wed May 18, 2005 6:54 pm

cy23young wrote:I just dropped graves. I cant understand why cincy has this guy as a closer. I cant understand why any team would pay for graves services. He cant pitch. I dont know why i waited this long to drop this guy. He only can help in saves. Everytime i think im getting my era, and whip down, graves blows up.

This question is did i do the right thing by dropping graves?

That depends on your bullpen. However, I agree he shouldn't be the closer, it ought to be Wagner. But these are the Reds, who spent all their winter money on a bunch of stiff SP's rather than trading someone from their overloaded 1B/OF logjam for a quality guy.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby cy23young » Wed May 18, 2005 7:09 pm

my bullpen, lol.

lyon is my only closer.
i picked up tyler walker, but not sure if he is the regular closer, and picked up benerro today. crossing my fingers that benerro becomes the closer. hopefully, the cafe is right about benerro.

i do have j rincon and m gonzalez waiting in the wings. mesa just blew back to back games.
cy23young
College Coach
College Coach

Postby oukurt » Thu May 19, 2005 1:41 am

My era/whip couldn't take it anymore. My pitching is above average and he singlehandedly killed it for the first 1/4 of the season.
Good riddance Graves. Let someone else deal with the heahaches. I will use Hermanson, Dumpster, and Mota when he gets back.
Kicking myself for holding onto this jackass.
oukurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu May 19, 2005 1:45 am

I dumped him for Bret Boone.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu May 19, 2005 1:48 am

Frankly. Graves may not be the best closer around to say the least. but he was more or less getting the job done. Yeah his WHIP is horrible, but cutting him is a mistake at this point. imo.

Graves has always been subject to these flame outs. He just hit a low point and given the fact that Cincy is not likely to relieve him of the job unless he continues to flame out like this for awhile, you will likely regret cutting him lose. Graves is basically a 4.5 ERA, 1.5 WHIP closer. Not great ratios, but tolerable as long as he gets saves.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wavetide007 » Thu May 19, 2005 1:49 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Frankly. Graves may not be the best closer around to say the least. but he was more or less getting the job done. Yeah his WHIP is horrible, but cutting him is a mistake at this point. imo.

Graves has always been subject to these flame outs. He just hit a low point and given the fact that Cincy is not likely to relieve him of the job unless he continues to flame out like this for awhile, you will likely regret cutting him lose. Graves is basically a 4.5 ERA, 1.5 WHIP closer. Not great ratios, but tolerable as long as he gets saves.

I'm trying to trade him
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu May 19, 2005 1:52 am

Probably a good idea, but unfortunaetly he is now at a low point and likely will not command much. You may have to wait until he has a few good saves in a row and gets the numbers back down to almost tolerable.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby victordestructo » Thu May 19, 2005 1:59 am

I'd try to package him with someone else to upgrade a position, because you wont get much trading him straight up..
"I feel like I am pregnant with all these ideas. I am just trying to give birth to them."
-Miguel Batista describing his writing career
victordestructo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers