Kolb out as closer! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kolb out as closer!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Wed May 18, 2005 5:45 pm

It's just priceless how when a guy is dropped from the closer's role how its a real feeding frenzy in here. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paco625 » Wed May 18, 2005 5:51 pm

nsulham wrote:I'm seeing conflicting reports on this.

Rotoworld is saying it's Bernero's job. This Yahoo blurb says Cox wil play matchups. Which is it?

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Danny Kolb was moved out of the closer's role by Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox on Wednesday, a day after the right-hander was charged with his third blown save and his fourth loss.

``We're going to put Kolb in the middle somewhere for a while and let him work on some stuff,'' Cox said before the Braves' game against San Diego. ``We'll do the closing by matchups and whoever's rested and things like that.''

Kolb (1-4) blew a save for the third time in 13 chances on Tuesday night by allowing three hits and two walks in the ninth as the Padres rallied from a 2-1 deficit to a 3-2 win.

``He needs to get his control a little bit better and a pitch or two better,'' Cox said. ``He's got them, but he hasn't been throwing them.''

San Diego's rally on Tuesday night spoiled a strong effort by Atlanta's John Smoltz, who allowed just one run on four hits in eight innings.

I'm having the same problem....can anyone shed some light on this??
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed May 18, 2005 5:54 pm

Paco625 wrote:
nsulham wrote:I'm seeing conflicting reports on this.

Rotoworld is saying it's Bernero's job. This Yahoo blurb says Cox wil play matchups. Which is it?

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Danny Kolb was moved out of the closer's role by Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox on Wednesday, a day after the right-hander was charged with his third blown save and his fourth loss.

``We're going to put Kolb in the middle somewhere for a while and let him work on some stuff,'' Cox said before the Braves' game against San Diego. ``We'll do the closing by matchups and whoever's rested and things like that.''

Kolb (1-4) blew a save for the third time in 13 chances on Tuesday night by allowing three hits and two walks in the ninth as the Padres rallied from a 2-1 deficit to a 3-2 win.

``He needs to get his control a little bit better and a pitch or two better,'' Cox said. ``He's got them, but he hasn't been throwing them.''

San Diego's rally on Tuesday night spoiled a strong effort by Atlanta's John Smoltz, who allowed just one run on four hits in eight innings.

I'm having the same problem....can anyone shed some light on this??

locals say CBC.....

kolb will be given a chance to do middle relief to build up his confidence....

bobby will play matchups and not over use one guy.....
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brock middlebrook » Wed May 18, 2005 5:55 pm

The dreaded CBC????
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Chuckles » Wed May 18, 2005 5:55 pm

Interesting that Bernero isn't mentioned... :-o
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby baseballnewb » Wed May 18, 2005 6:00 pm

Why on earth would you drop finley for some guy that has never been good in his career and doesn't even have the job by himself yet. I just don't get it.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Paco625 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:01 pm

This is from CBS....

Adam Bernero, RP ATL

News: The team's official website indicated on Wednesday that Adam Bernero might take over as the team's closer in place of the struggling Danny Kolb.

Analysis: Bernero is worth a spot in all Fantasy leagues closing for the Braves. If he gets off to a decent start, it will be difficult for Kolb to regain the confidence of his manager to win the job back.
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMusky » Wed May 18, 2005 6:03 pm

I would pick up Kolb if anyone dropped him. I would think he would get a shot back at closing sometime. Maybe not, but worth a gamble if you have the bench room.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby WittyC » Wed May 18, 2005 6:03 pm

Drop Kolb for Bernero... good idea or bad idea?

I really don't have room to drop anyone else.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Super GM » Wed May 18, 2005 6:09 pm

Dan Kolb out as closer! There's the source! ;-D It was about time. IMO they wasted a lot of talent to get this deadbeat closer. (Capellan and Zumwalt)[/quote]
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers