Sheets throws 90 pitches/ Feels good - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheets throws 90 pitches/ Feels good

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sheets throws 90 pitches/ Feels good

Postby strong » Wed May 18, 2005 12:16 pm

"After his latest setback last weekend when he experience severe dizziness, Ben Sheets felt great yesterday after a 90-pitch practice session.
He was only scheduled to throw 75 times, but wanted the additional 15 since he was feeling so good. He also announced yesterday that he's struggled with dizziness spells before in his career, specifically 2004, but was able to manage it. If all goes well today he'll throw a bullpen session on Thursday, and if the dizziness subsides, should be getting close to returning."

Source: MLB.com
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Wed May 18, 2005 12:25 pm

IMO trade Sheets if you're lucky enough to get 1 or 2 good starts out of him. I have a bad feeling about this. Dizzy spells? Equilibrium problems? Yikes... I hope he comes back and throws well, but I'll be trading him if possible.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed May 18, 2005 12:28 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:IMO trade Sheets if you're lucky enough to get 1 or 2 good starts out of him. I have a bad feeling about this. Dizzy spells? Equilibrium problems? Yikes... I hope he comes back and throws well, but I'll be trading him if possible.

Think that would be a mistake. Sheets said he had this last year & well & pitched with it. Now he at least has a decent O behind & his W totals could go up up up!
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed May 18, 2005 12:35 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:IMO trade Sheets if you're lucky enough to get 1 or 2 good starts out of him. I have a bad feeling about this. Dizzy spells? Equilibrium problems? Yikes... I hope he comes back and throws well, but I'll be trading him if possible.

He pitched with it in 04. He is the only one that knows when he will be ready. It's not an injury that will affect his pitching so there is nothing to worry.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Wed May 18, 2005 12:42 pm

Heh it's not like he didn't improve from '03 to '04. I'd say hold onto him... :-°
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby baseballnewb » Wed May 18, 2005 12:57 pm

I agree on trading him, if he comes back and pitches a couple good games and you can get his value back for him, why not trade him. You get a guy that is worth as much as him and no longer have the worries about his dizzy spells in the back of your head. Don't sell low on him though, that would be a mistake.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Wed May 18, 2005 1:04 pm

baseballnewb wrote:I agree on trading him, if he comes back and pitches a couple good games and you can get his value back for him, why not trade him. You get a guy that is worth as much as him and no longer have the worries about his dizzy spells in the back of your head. Don't sell low on him though, that would be a mistake.

Well, doesn't that go for pretty much anyone? :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Laean » Wed May 18, 2005 7:42 pm

he only had one good year (last season), and that makes me want to agree with the people saying sell him.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ravenmad22 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:54 pm

Laean wrote:he only had one good year (last season), and that makes me want to agree with the people saying sell him.

Whatever. He had an 8:1 K:BB ratio last year. You can't fake that.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ravenmad22 » Wed May 18, 2005 8:00 pm

ravenmad22 wrote:
Laean wrote:he only had one good year (last season), and that makes me want to agree with the people saying sell him.

Whatever. He had an 8:1 K:BB ratio last year. You can't fake that.

Why the hell did that stupid smiley thing come up?
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers