The Anibal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Anibal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Does he have any cool nicknames? The possibilities are endless for a name like Anibal Sanchez. "Dirty" Sanchez, "The Anibal", "Anibal the Cannibal", "Anibal Lecter", what a beast. I'm so jealous.

I know I've heard those two. B-)
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am

Trot Nixon wrote:The guy is a beast!!!! In 2 years the Sox could have there very own "Big 3" in Sanchez, Lester and Papelbon with Delcarman and Hansen coming out of the pen....I'm drooling now

This is what has me excited also. If they can just keep the core of the offense in tact by then (Manny, Papi, Damon, Tek, Rent) and add Hanley and Pedroia by that time, they should be set.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby EnFuego » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:38 am

nsulham wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:The guy is a beast!!!! In 2 years the Sox could have there very own "Big 3" in Sanchez, Lester and Papelbon with Delcarman and Hansen coming out of the pen....I'm drooling now

This is what has me excited also. If they can just keep the core of the offense in tact by then (Manny, Papi, Damon, Tek, Rent) and add Hanley and Pedroia by that time, they should be set.

It's a good time to be a Boston fan right now.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pokey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:38 am

He's made the transition from A to AA really nicely. In 5 games in AA this year he's 3-1 with a 0.98 ERA and a 32/6 strikeout to walk ratio in 27.2 innings.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:41 am

Pokey wrote:He's made the transition from A to AA really nicely. In 5 games in AA this year he's 3-1 with a 0.98 ERA and a 32/6 strikeout to walk ratio in 27.2 innings.

Been reading up on Anibal lately. Seems like he is really coming along nicely.

BA has Papelbon as their top pitching prospect. I know he will be used in the pen but any chance he might make the rotation?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:43 am

EnFuego wrote:
nsulham wrote:

It's a good time to be a Boston fan right now.

Agreed. It's just nice knowing that they finally have arms on their way up when for years, they had absolute squat (Brian Rose anyone?). Even if they don't pan out, it's nice and reassuring to know that the potential is there to have some very solid homegrown pitching talent on its way.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:46 am

Papelbon will be a starter down the road Yoda but not this year. They just sent him down with the instructions that he is only to be used in the pen. His starting days are most likely over for this season. It's a good tactic; they couldn't get any pen help on the market so they'll turn Delcarmen and Papelbon into relievers, bring back Foulke and take it from there.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:49 am

nsulham wrote:Papelbon will be a starter down the road Yoda but not this year. They just sent him down with the instructions that he is only to be used in the pen. His starting days are most likely over for this season. It's a good tactic; they couldn't get any pen help on the market so they'll turn Delcarmen and Papelbon into relievers, bring back Foulke and take it from there.

Thanks I just read the same thing. Given their bullpen woes and with Schilling nearly ready to get back into the rotation and Papelbon pitching a lot of innings so far this year, it seems like a good tactic.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:52 am

Yoda wrote:
nsulham wrote:Papelbon will be a starter down the road Yoda but not this year. They just sent him down with the instructions that he is only to be used in the pen. His starting days are most likely over for this season. It's a good tactic; they couldn't get any pen help on the market so they'll turn Delcarmen and Papelbon into relievers, bring back Foulke and take it from there.

Thanks I just read the same thing. Given their bullpen woes and with Schilling nearly ready to get back into the rotation and Papelbon pitching a lot of innings so far this year, it seems like a good tactic.

In theory yes it does--but a lot of times those things end up a lot different than what was planned. I just hope this isn't one of those times :-b
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers