The Anibal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Anibal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Does he have any cool nicknames? The possibilities are endless for a name like Anibal Sanchez. "Dirty" Sanchez, "The Anibal", "Anibal the Cannibal", "Anibal Lecter", what a beast. I'm so jealous.


I know I've heard those two. B-)
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1144
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vermont

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am

Trot Nixon wrote:The guy is a beast!!!! In 2 years the Sox could have there very own "Big 3" in Sanchez, Lester and Papelbon with Delcarman and Hansen coming out of the pen....I'm drooling now


This is what has me excited also. If they can just keep the core of the offense in tact by then (Manny, Papi, Damon, Tek, Rent) and add Hanley and Pedroia by that time, they should be set.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby EnFuego » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:38 am

nsulham wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:The guy is a beast!!!! In 2 years the Sox could have there very own "Big 3" in Sanchez, Lester and Papelbon with Delcarman and Hansen coming out of the pen....I'm drooling now


This is what has me excited also. If they can just keep the core of the offense in tact by then (Manny, Papi, Damon, Tek, Rent) and add Hanley and Pedroia by that time, they should be set.


It's a good time to be a Boston fan right now.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1300
Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Queens

Postby Pokey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:38 am

He's made the transition from A to AA really nicely. In 5 games in AA this year he's 3-1 with a 0.98 ERA and a 32/6 strikeout to walk ratio in 27.2 innings.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1144
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vermont

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:41 am

Pokey wrote:He's made the transition from A to AA really nicely. In 5 games in AA this year he's 3-1 with a 0.98 ERA and a 32/6 strikeout to walk ratio in 27.2 innings.


Been reading up on Anibal lately. Seems like he is really coming along nicely.

BA has Papelbon as their top pitching prospect. I know he will be used in the pen but any chance he might make the rotation?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:43 am

EnFuego wrote:
nsulham wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:The guy is a beast!!!! In 2 years the Sox could have there very own "Big 3" in Sanchez, Lester and Papelbon with Delcarman and Hansen coming out of the pen....I'm drooling now


This is what has me excited also. If they can just keep the core of the offense in tact by then (Manny, Papi, Damon, Tek, Rent) and add Hanley and Pedroia by that time, they should be set.


It's a good time to be a Boston fan right now.


Agreed. It's just nice knowing that they finally have arms on their way up when for years, they had absolute squat (Brian Rose anyone?). Even if they don't pan out, it's nice and reassuring to know that the potential is there to have some very solid homegrown pitching talent on its way.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:46 am

Papelbon will be a starter down the road Yoda but not this year. They just sent him down with the instructions that he is only to be used in the pen. His starting days are most likely over for this season. It's a good tactic; they couldn't get any pen help on the market so they'll turn Delcarmen and Papelbon into relievers, bring back Foulke and take it from there.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:49 am

nsulham wrote:Papelbon will be a starter down the road Yoda but not this year. They just sent him down with the instructions that he is only to be used in the pen. His starting days are most likely over for this season. It's a good tactic; they couldn't get any pen help on the market so they'll turn Delcarmen and Papelbon into relievers, bring back Foulke and take it from there.


Thanks I just read the same thing. Given their bullpen woes and with Schilling nearly ready to get back into the rotation and Papelbon pitching a lot of innings so far this year, it seems like a good tactic.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby nsulham » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:52 am

Yoda wrote:
nsulham wrote:Papelbon will be a starter down the road Yoda but not this year. They just sent him down with the instructions that he is only to be used in the pen. His starting days are most likely over for this season. It's a good tactic; they couldn't get any pen help on the market so they'll turn Delcarmen and Papelbon into relievers, bring back Foulke and take it from there.


Thanks I just read the same thing. Given their bullpen woes and with Schilling nearly ready to get back into the rotation and Papelbon pitching a lot of innings so far this year, it seems like a good tactic.


In theory yes it does--but a lot of times those things end up a lot different than what was planned. I just hope this isn't one of those times :-b
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal, unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact