Tino to good to be true - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tino to good to be true

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tino to good to be true

Postby wurthit » Wed May 18, 2005 9:08 am

I know his last week was a great fantasy week in recent memory. But is there any way he could stay in the top 5 for 1B and Top 10-15 hitters for the rest of the season? I know you cant keep up 8 home runs a week for a season. Im sure he will be on the waivers in at least 2 weeks.
wurthit
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Randy Watson » Wed May 18, 2005 10:52 am

I'm sitting him against lefties - like tonight.
"Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"
Randy Watson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Wed May 18, 2005 11:05 am

Randy Watson wrote:I'm sitting him against lefties - like tonight.

I don't know that I would do that. I tried to copy the splits, but it was a jumbled mess. Lifetime he has a very small drop in production against LHP. Not enough to warrant a benching IMO.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby AT » Wed May 18, 2005 11:15 am

I never miss a Yanks game on TV and have seen them play live about a dozen times this season (all beit from the bleachers mostly) and Tino just looks locked in right now. The speculation was that his bat had slowed and he couldn't handle the inside heat anymore. Lately, that hasn't been the case. His bat speed through the zone looks as fast as it ever has been and that was the only reason why he was expected to have a down year. It's almost like he has a chip on his shoulder from being tossed out of town by George when he got Giambi. That type of motivation, plus the fact he LOVES NY fans, has really sped up his bat. He did hit 23 homers in 450 AB's last year and I'd expect him to get a similar number of AB's this season. The high inside fastball was always his bread and butter and the last couple years he has been struggling with it because of bat speed. That isn't the problem anymore and aside from against lefties who throw junk (i.e. Moyer tonight) he should put up impressive power numbers this year and belongs in your lineup unless you have a top 5-6 1B, especially with his position in the lineup.
Welcome back 24.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed May 18, 2005 11:50 am

Tino's certainly resurrected in pinstrpies. However, I still think that he will run out of gas. He should be solid: 25 HR, .280 with many ribeyes provided he continues to get PT but I don't think he is the second coming of Bonds either.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wavetide007 » Wed May 18, 2005 1:36 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I never miss a Yanks game on TV and have seen them play live about a dozen times this season (all beit from the bleachers mostly) and Tino just looks locked in right now. The speculation was that his bat had slowed and he couldn't handle the inside heat anymore. Lately, that hasn't been the case. His bat speed through the zone looks as fast as it ever has been and that was the only reason why he was expected to have a down year. It's almost like he has a chip on his shoulder from being tossed out of town by George when he got Giambi. That type of motivation, plus the fact he LOVES NY fans, has really sped up his bat. He did hit 23 homers in 450 AB's last year and I'd expect him to get a similar number of AB's this season. The high inside fastball was always his bread and butter and the last couple years he has been struggling with it because of bat speed. That isn't the problem anymore and aside from against lefties who throw junk (i.e. Moyer tonight) he should put up impressive power numbers this year and belongs in your lineup unless you have a top 5-6 1B, especially with his position in the lineup.
Welcome back 24.

Actually Tino's numbers against Jamie are very impressive and considering where he is batting I would expect him to hit a couple RBI tonight.

vs Jamie Moyer:
54AB 18H 4DB 4HR 7RBI 333BA .390OBP .630SLG 1.019OPS
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers