Sportingnews.com opinion on 2B - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sportingnews.com opinion on 2B

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sportingnews.com opinion on 2B

Postby tomkatt » Wed May 18, 2005 1:38 am

Here's a blurb about Jeff Kent from sportingnews.com:

"Kent, who got off to a terrific start, entered Tuesday night's game in a 1-for-16 slide, dropping his batting average to .287. "It's just a phase hitters go through," Dodgers manager Jim Tracy said. "There's really very little to expound on. The ebb and flow of a six-month period, that's what it boils down to."

Fantasy Source spin: As if on cue, Kent went ahead and banged out three hits and drove in four runs on Tuesday. He's just fine, and he is neck and neck with Alfonso Soriano for the honor of being fantasy's best second baseman through the first six weeks of the season."

UM, CAN YOU SAY BRIAN ROBERTS???? Guess he's not having all that great a year according to these fellas. :-[
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sportingnews.com opinion on 2B

Postby wavetide007 » Wed May 18, 2005 1:46 am

tomkatt wrote:Here's a blurb about Jeff Kent from sportingnews.com:

"Kent, who got off to a terrific start, entered Tuesday night's game in a 1-for-16 slide, dropping his batting average to .287. "It's just a phase hitters go through," Dodgers manager Jim Tracy said. "There's really very little to expound on. The ebb and flow of a six-month period, that's what it boils down to."

Fantasy Source spin: As if on cue, Kent went ahead and banged out three hits and drove in four runs on Tuesday. He's just fine, and he is neck and neck with Alfonso Soriano for the honor of being fantasy's best second baseman through the first six weeks of the season."

UM, CAN YOU SAY BRIAN ROBERTS???? Guess he's not having all that great a year according to these fellas. :-[

Jim Tracy sounds like a zen master
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed May 18, 2005 1:57 am

8-o

Yikes. :-o

Brian Roberts is definitely having a fantastic year so far. Can't believe they didn't mention him in that write up. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Phatferd » Wed May 18, 2005 2:05 am

Madison wrote:8-o

Yikes. :-o

Brian Roberts is definitely having a fantastic year so far. Can't believe they didn't mention him in that write up. 8-o

BARMES anyone? If we are talking about 2B eligible.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Q » Wed May 18, 2005 2:53 am

Roberts really came out of the blue but you can't ignore what he is doing. Granted he wont continue this kind of power but you should expect him to finish the season around...

.300 Avg 20 HR 80 RBI 110 R 35 SB
Q
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Sportingnews.com opinion on 2B

Postby Yoda » Wed May 18, 2005 9:31 am

tomkatt wrote:Here's a blurb about Jeff Kent from sportingnews.com:

I wouldn't trade Roberts for Kent at this point. Also, depending on how much you value steals, Roberts may end up with better numbers than Soriano.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AT » Wed May 18, 2005 10:29 am

I wouldn't either and to be honest, I wouldn't trade Barmes for Kent either. I know it sounds crazy but the kid has been a godsend. Also, there's the honor factor of having a diamond in the rough type of player in your lineup. I don't want to sell him out for Kent. Besides, I think Kent is a jerk :-t
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Frances The Mute » Wed May 18, 2005 11:54 am

Roberts really came out of the blue but you can't ignore what he is doing. Granted he wont continue this kind of power but you should expect him to finish the season around...

.300 Avg 20 HR 80 RBI 110 R 35 SB

Roberts hit another HR last night BTW. Signs of slowing down still nowhere to be found 1/4 through season. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Total joke he's not mentioned in that article. There are seriously tons of pepole on this forum that could easily get paid to write much better fantasy info. Where does sportingnews get these clownshoes?
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed May 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Where's the love for Bret Boone? :-]
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Wed May 18, 2005 12:58 pm

Heh, nobody loves Bret Boone.

(trades danny graves for him in money league)
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers