Anyone hearing any good trade rumors? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone hearing any good trade rumors?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby packslu1 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:38 am

cannonarm21 wrote:Several teams have inquires about Junior Spivey.

Yankees
Cubs
Tigers
Giants

They really need to do this move. R. Weeks is tearing up triple A right now and deserves to move up to the big leagues. Put him in the #2 hole with that speed and then have the big 3 follow him.....hmmm might be the makings of a pretty good lineup.
packslu1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Thu May 19, 2005 11:41 am

May. 18 - The Rocket might be pushing behind the scenes for a trade back to the Yankees, the New York Daily News reports. While the struggling Astros say they are not shopping their ace, owner Drayton McLane has not ruled it out.
Roger Clemens recently said, "I'm not going anywhere now, I know that for sure," but he didn't invoke his no-trade clause or slam the door, either.

Some rival baseball executives believe Houston will deal Clemens for future help if it continues to stumble, especially if the Astros find a rich contender willing to rent him for half a season.

Lol, dudes in suits

May. 16 - According to the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles would like to acquire Mike Cameron in a trade for setup man Jorge Julio. The Yankees, Padres, Angels and Astros are interested also, the New York Daily News reports.
The rumors don't concern Cameron. "That's what them dudes in suits do over there," he told the newspaper.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post reports that the Mets aren't interested in trading Cameron because it would mean making rookie Victor Diaz their starting right fielder and the team is unwilling to remove a proven bat from the lineup.

May. 12 - After losing Jose Valentin to a knee injury and designating Norihiro Nakamura for assignment, the Dodgers are in the market for a third baseman. They are exploring trade options, beginning with the Phillies' Placido Polanco, The Los Angeles Times reports. Polanco, who has a one-year, $4.6 million deal, is unhappy playing behind David Bell at third and Chase Utley at second.
Polanco's preference is to play second, but he'd happily move to the hot corner to join the Dodgers, phillyblurbs.com reports. "That would be great," said Polanco. "I'd have no problem playing third base for [the Dodgers]. They have a great team."

The Phillies reportedly prefer to include rookie first baseman Ryan Howard in a trade. A possible match is Polanco and Howard going to L.A. for right-handed reliever Duaner Sanchez and Class A third baseman Andy LaRoche.

nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daullaz » Thu May 19, 2005 1:58 pm

You'd think it would tell the Phillies something that everyone is inquiring about Polanco, but no one has asked about David Bell. As much as a Phillies Phan as I am, I've lost confidence in their front office. At least their scouting department rocks. Myers, Floyd and Hamels should be part of a top-notch rotation two or three years down the road. If they can only find a way to keep Howard... I wonder what they could get from the Mets for Thome? Wishful thinking, I know. Sue me.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu May 19, 2005 2:03 pm

swingaway wrote:clemens, luke scott, Ezekiel Astacio to the red sox for manny, B. Arroyo and cash. Then the red sox deal Ezekiel Astacio, luke scott, and bull mueller to the d- rays for huff.
Right :-?
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Box » Thu May 19, 2005 4:46 pm

Zito to the Sawx

unfounded, just chatter

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2745364
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager