Yahoo midseason draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo midseason draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo midseason draft

Postby kentx12 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:24 pm

I just did a 12 team yahoo winners draft. It has a 750 innings pitched limit :~( I know I have to much pitching what do I need to trade some of it for. Thanks for the help.

1b Teixeira
2b Womack
3b Chipper
ss Izturis
c LoDuca
Of Vlad
Of Podsednik
Of C. Lee
UT Mench
b N. Johnson
b Berkman

Sp Smoltz
Sp Hudson
Sp Mulder
Sp Clement
Rp Hammond
Rp Guardado
Rp Izzy
Rp Batista
Rp Hermanson
Rp Looper

Thanks again

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ActionHero » Tue May 17, 2005 9:36 pm

Seems like a really solid team to me. But I do agree that you have too much pitching, especially closers -- here are the things I would try:

- package Womack + a RP for an upgrade, ideally to someone who needs steals. Not only is Womack a borderline waiver wire player, but the main category he helps you in is one that you don't need. If you can't get anybody to bite, I'd consider picking up Vidro and stashing him on the DL (if you can spare the room). Vidro should hit in the low .300's and it seems like you could use the BA help.

- Unless there are good SPs available on the FA list, you should probably keep your starters. You've got a little injury risk here, so I wouldn't thin this group out too much. Your trade bait is really with your RPs -- none of them are that great, but in a 12 team league, there will always be a few teams that will be hurting for saves

Once Berkman gets untracked (which he appears to be doing), you will be in really good shape. ;-D
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team