Not much buzz around on Restovich - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates

Not much buzz around on Restovich

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Not much buzz around on Restovich

Postby pitfrog » Tue May 17, 2005 7:37 pm

I suppose there is little to get excited about yet either. He hasn't played much this season, so there still isn't a lot to go on. As bad a season as Pirates are having someone with a 273 for the season is appealing.

The Pirates had this to say:

SAN FRANCISCO -- In an effort to fill the void created by Craig Wilson's recent hand injury, the Pirates acquired outfielder Michael Restovich from the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Restovich, 26, has hit .278 (40-for-144) with eight doubles, two triples, four home runs and 14 RBIs in 75 career big leagues games, including a .290 (9-for-31) average with two doubles, a home run and three RBIs this season with Colorado.

"We think offensively he's someone who will provide us an option against lefties," said Pirates GM Dave Littlefield. "He's a big, strong guy who's got power.

They also went on the admit that he is inconsistant:

The knock on Restovich has been his inability to make consistent contact. He struck out at least 100 times in each of his last six Minor League seasons.
pitfrog Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pitfrog » Fri May 20, 2005 11:41 am

Bump

Common Bro's !

Isn't much posting I see in the the Pirates area. Aren't there some loyal fans that like shooting the bull about Pirates events? To hear the local sports news in Pittsburgh, this is like, the greatest thing since sliced bread!
pitfrog Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 20, 2005 3:46 pm

All I know about the guy is that he was one of the Twins' top prospects at one time. They had guys like Mauer, Tiffee, and Cuddyer coming up, so they probably didn't need him. Plus, I think he got hurt - so they cut him.

Hey, we can use anyone that can hit the ball. Hopefully he can become a decent major leaguer. ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pitfrog » Fri May 20, 2005 4:18 pm

Yeah, since as you also know, every game, home or away, is televised locally, I want to see him up at bat a few times myself.

All of the hype is around his current good streak, I am hoping to see some of that myself.
pitfrog Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby iuprell67 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:08 pm

we traded a player to be named later for him. I want to know if we can name restovich as the player to be named later?
iuprell67
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Isn't Restovich your typical waiver/FA/ Claim player?

I need to stop trying convert these guys into All-Stars and learn to draft better
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Isn't Restovich your typical waiver/FA/ Claim player?

I need to stop trying convert these guys into All-Stars and learn to draft better
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates