mlb.tv - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

mlb.tv

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mlb.tv

Postby perlick29 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:21 pm

who here has it? And also, how has it been running? I'm thinking about getting it this season. What's your favorite thing about it?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 17, 2005 7:24 pm

I've got it. It runs very well for me. I like being able to watch Dodger games in San Francisco.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Webster11 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:25 pm

Im also wondering the same thing. How good is the quality? and Does it frequently lag?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tomkatt » Tue May 17, 2005 7:26 pm

I love it, runs great. Can't get most Tigers games, as they are blacked out here in MI. You also won't get a nationally televised game such as ESPN Sunday Night baseball. Otherwise, you can watch 'em all. I've very glad I purchased it this year. ;-D
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

sda

Postby joeg24 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:30 pm

It's nice at work, especially for backgound noise and "occasional" viewing there too. It's ok at home, however I live 2.5 hours from the Twins and like 6-7 from the Brewers and can't get eithers games still so that elimates 4 teams a night for me. Also the game of the weeks are blacked out too.
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 17, 2005 7:32 pm

Webster11 wrote:Im also wondering the same thing. How good is the quality? and Does it frequently lag?

It looks very good for streaming video. It's really smooth and it doesn't really lag, but I'm sure that depends a lot on what kind of internet connection you're running. Overall, it's worth the money IMHO.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Not laggy if you have a good connection and update software..I love it it rules! ;-D ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jeffwarsh » Tue May 17, 2005 10:47 pm

The best money I've ever spent. Plus, I'm in Toronto so virtually no games are blacked out for me...not even Jays games for some reason. The quality is good enough, and if you make it full screen and move a few feet back it looks great. By the way, you can have 2 users logged in at once so if you split it with a friend you really can't go wrong. $80 (or 40 if you split it) for 8 months (ST and playoffs included) is a great deal and it is great for following players on your fantasy teams. I love it! ;-D
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 18, 2005 7:46 am

jeffwarsh wrote:The best money I've ever spent. Plus, I'm in Toronto so virtually no games are blacked out for me...not even Jays games for some reason. The quality is good enough, and if you make it full screen and move a few feet back it looks great. By the way, you can have 2 users logged in at once so if you split it with a friend you really can't go wrong. $80 (or 40 if you split it) for 8 months (ST and playoffs included) is a great deal and it is great for following players on your fantasy teams. I love it! ;-D

That is the key. A lot of people complain about the quality but, just like a TV, you gotta sit a few feet away to really get a good picture.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby reznorsboy » Wed May 18, 2005 7:49 am

It is very good. I'm not sure about the states but up here I don't think extra innings gets you all the games where mlb/tv pretty much does other thatn blackouts. The quality is very good and there isn't too much lag. I t all depends on your connection. Last year my roomate switched us to Cable light connection and MLB.tv wouldn't run worth a crap so you need normal cable connection at least.

I would recommend using Real player as well. I found that Windows media player was choppy but Real player works great. ;-D . I like the fact that at night I can watch the 9th inning of about two or three games depending on timing.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk