Is it time to just totally rid myself of Macpherson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is it time to just totally rid myself of Macpherson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is it time to just totally rid myself of Macpherson

Postby The Punisher » Tue May 17, 2005 6:49 pm

Ok Im in a keeper league and we keep 10 people at the end of the year and even though Macpherson might be a good player in the future he isnt going to do crap this year apparently. I mean hes hitting under the Mendoza Line and his other Mendoza buddy Quinlan has been getting the starts at 3rd lately so hes barely playing. Time to get rid of him, right?
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dkakridas » Tue May 17, 2005 6:51 pm

If you are in a keeper league, you must hold on to Dallas! :-)

He will be fine eventually, just show a bit of patience and you will have another Hank Blalock on your roster next year.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Tue May 17, 2005 6:53 pm

well considering 12 teams ... with 10 keepers thats 120 players.
I can't see Dallas breaking the top 120 this season. He has the talent to so, sure, but he as gotten off to such a slow start, and with 3B bieng as deep as it is, unless you got a solid deal on him, Keeper wise, I see no reason to hang on to him.

I own him a keeper league for 4.00, (5.00 next season) so I am going to hang on a touch longer, maybe till the break, before I decide his fate.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 17, 2005 6:58 pm

In case you had not noticed the Angels are I believe in the last 20% of teams in runs scored in the Majors in the company of Cleveland, Oakland and the like...not a nice place to be obviously. McPherson has been more than just a little bad...he has been AWFUL.

If you are in a 10 team league keeping 10 (total 100 kept) I can't see Mcpherson cracking your keeper squad unless you have a pretty lousy team. In a 12 team league keeping 10 (120 total), it becomes a margial call as I doubt you really have 12 quality players on your squad and the last couple could be used reasonably for fliers.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Punisher » Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm

Heres some top guys on my team then to show you who I have, its 12 teams by the way

Tejada
Helton
Teixeira
B. Roberts
Hideki Matsui
Damon
Peavy
Burnett
Harden
Bonderman
Buerhle
Hoffman
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:14 pm

With that list of players, I can't see McPherson ever getting the nod. No way I would keep him over anyone on that list. However, you might be able to package him up to a weak team along with someone like Hoffman for an equivalent closer who is younger. Maybe someone will bite and you can upgrade the a keeper age-wise fo rthe long haul.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CPHFighter1 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:28 pm

You certainly have 10 other guys you can keep before McPherson, but this is assuming that there are not dollar values attached to each player. That would certainly change everything.
If you can stash him away, do so, but if he is taking up a valuable roster spot, cut him loose or package him in a deal as the Yanks said.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cincyreds » Tue May 17, 2005 9:57 pm

I'd hang onto him if I were you. I have had him riding my bench all season and I think he will get better as the season progresses.

He had 2 hits tonight to raise his avg to .230.

I think the kid is about to get on a roll.
The BIG RED Machine will rise again.
cincyreds
Member #1000
Member #1000

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue May 17, 2005 10:12 pm

I didn't like the kid as a fantasy contributor before the season and I don't like him now. In a 12 team league I'd dump him.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers