Any ideas on how much time will Mench be splitting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any ideas on how much time will Mench be splitting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any ideas on how much time will Mench be splitting

Postby Great Gazoo » Tue May 17, 2005 5:39 pm

Trying to figure out the platooning going on in Texas
Great Gazoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Tue May 17, 2005 5:48 pm

I think Mench will be pretty much full time, especially if he keeps on hitting. Matthews, Jr. being out doesn't hurt either.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby TonyCee » Tue May 17, 2005 5:56 pm

I thought when Adrian Gonzalez got sent down that Mench went full time, has he not been lately?
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rlee » Tue May 17, 2005 6:08 pm

Yes, except when he sat out a few games after getting hit by a pitch on his elbow !+)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue May 17, 2005 10:20 pm

Yep, left field belongs to Mench. ;-D I wouldn't worry about playing time at all until Matthews comes back, and even then, his playing time should be just fine. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed May 18, 2005 2:48 am

Madison wrote:Yep, left field belongs to Mench. ;-D I wouldn't worry about playing time at all until Matthews comes back, and even then, his playing time should be just fine. ;-D

He Madison, As a respected Guru and a Rangers fan here at the Cafe, what are your projections for Mench from here on out?

I gambled on him the 9th round in a 12 team league. He has been hit or miss producing in binges over 2-3 game periods while being ice cold, hurt, or benched fairly frequently during other spells.

Will he stay healthy and consistent in their lineup?

IMHO, he is one of the most enigmatic fantasy players to project production or assess trade value with in baseball so far this year.

Cant sell him low. Wont be able to sell him high. Too much potential to drop. Off and on with his health and power #'s making him a risky weekly start.

HELP PLEASE!!!! :-D

What is your take on him Madison?
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Q » Wed May 18, 2005 2:52 am

Mench is pretty much the full time starter now so Im guessing he'll only sit once every two series, which is good enough to start. You may want to think about just starting him at home if you have the luxury to do so.
Q
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed May 18, 2005 3:02 am

Bukoski77 wrote:
Madison wrote:Yep, left field belongs to Mench. ;-D I wouldn't worry about playing time at all until Matthews comes back, and even then, his playing time should be just fine. ;-D

He Madison, As a respected Guru and a Rangers fan here at the Cafe, what are your projections for Mench from here on out?

I gambled on him the 9th round in a 12 team league. He has been hit or miss producing in binges over 2-3 game periods while being ice cold, hurt, or benched fairly frequently during other spells.

Will he stay healthy and consistent in their lineup?

IMHO, he is one of the most enigmatic fantasy players to project production or assess trade value with in baseball so far this year.

Cant sell him low. Wont be able to sell him high. Too much potential to drop. Off and on with his health and power #'s making him a risky weekly start.

HELP PLEASE!!!! :-D

What is your take on him Madison?

I drafted him myself in a couple of leagues figuring on .285-30-95 range with a solid upside of possibly 35 homers 105 rbi's with a .290-.295 average. Not bad as a 3rd OF or utility player.

Health is always a concern for Mench though. He seems to be frequently injured. So far, so good this year. :-o *knock on wood*

The rest of the way out? Wouldn't be surprised to see his average stay in the mid .280's with another 22 homers and 75 more rbi or so. He'd wind up around what I expected him to do for the year. Granted, it's all based on Showalter sticking to letting Mench play every day and I think Buck will do that.

There's a nice long 9 game homestand coming up too. Worst case is you pick him up for those games and cut (or bench) him if he stinks it up on the homestand. ;-) Little risk, pretty decent reward player.

Hope that helps some. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Guru » Wed May 18, 2005 4:14 am

Bukoski77 wrote:

I agree with you completly on Mench. 3/4 days ago I was about to drop him because I needed some starting pitching because of so many injuries, but I held onto him just long enough.

I actually just traded Mench after his 2 hr game. Packaged him with a medicore SP to get Vazquez. I couldn't be more happy about the trade.

I recently picked up Nixon off the WW so he became expendible. I feel its much easier to spot start Nixon in my 3rd OF spot then Mench; just sit him against lefties.

With Thome coming back from the DL he'll be my everyday DL with a little Nick Johnson here and there.

So I no longer needed Mench.
(^) (o) - "Let's Hug it out"
The Guru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers