I hope the hamster's hungry........QUICK TRADE QUESTION. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I hope the hamster's hungry........QUICK TRADE QUESTION.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WittyC » Tue May 17, 2005 3:08 am

Titanic Grizzlie wrote:Is it close enough to where I should counter and try to get more while at the sam etime risking that i might not be able get this deal again when he wakes up and sees that figgins had another 0'fer.

Good Lord... only in fantasy baseball could something like this happen. The worst part is how easily I could see this situation arising in my league.

Some people have a massive hard-on for Figgins and his multi-position eligibility. If your buddy is one of them, then I'd say twist on him as hard as you can. But keep in mind, the Anderson deal would almost certainly benefit your team.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 17, 2005 3:10 am

Titanic Grizzlie wrote:Is it close enough to where I should counter and try to get more while at the sam etime risking that i might not be able get this deal again when he wakes up and sees that figgins had another 0'fer.

Eh. He must be really hard up for a 2b or SBs to want Figgins in the first place so .243 or .23X should not in theory change his mind in and of itself. Then again, you never know and I can't see how much more you can get in that deal. Anderson is hitting pretty well.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Titanic Grizzlie » Tue May 17, 2005 3:15 am

I took the deal.

I several times have gotten greedy and Ended up getting nothing. It happens a lot. People wake up, read a blurb on a player, and all of a sudden not only do they not won't the new deal; they don't want a deal at all.

In H2H, stls are so damn hard to predict anyways. you can't really count on them steadily. Iv'e got enough decent stealers to where I can be competitive, but I gained a boatload of RBIs by getting GA.
Titanic Grizzlie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WittyC » Tue May 17, 2005 3:40 am

Titanic Grizzlie wrote:I took the deal.

I several times have gotten greedy and Ended up getting nothing. It happens a lot. People wake up, read a blurb on a player, and all of a sudden not only do they not won't the new deal; they don't want a deal at all.

In H2H, stls are so damn hard to predict anyways. you can't really count on them steadily. Iv'e got enough decent stealers to where I can be competitive, but I gained a boatload of RBIs by getting GA.

I agree... in my H2H I just feel more comfortable with a few of guys who can steal 15-20 than one guy who's going to take 40-60. Not sure if it's logical or not, but that's just how I roll.

I guess that when guys like Figgins, Scotty-P or Crawford are up against a strong-armed catcher for a series, it can ruin your steals for that week. At least when your guys are spread out, the odds are much better that one of them will be up against a Mike Piazza-esque catcher so they can steal 3-4 bags in the series.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Tue May 17, 2005 4:30 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 445)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers