Someone needs to tell Loretta... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Someone needs to tell Loretta...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Someone needs to tell Loretta...

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:59 am

He is not Luis Castillo. Still showing a goose egg in the HR column.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Tue May 17, 2005 2:26 am

Keep in mind he averaged like 4 homers before he came to San Diego. Another guy who's homer totals have gone down since the new steroid rules were implemented... weird.

I'm just playing, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a 10-homer season out of the guy.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Tue May 17, 2005 2:29 am

He has come close a few times. Earlier in the year he was relegated into a different duty since Roberts was out, the offense was struggling, and he had to manufacture runs. He'll be fine for 10 and 65, and he'll score 100. You could do a lot worse. Heck, you could have Neifi Perez :-b .
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 17, 2005 2:33 am

I own Loretta in one league only. And that one is pretty much a lost cause for me. Benitez gone...Schilling, Borowski and Escobar have contributed nothing and on the DL all year. Own C. Zambrano. Chavez...Huff...Furcal...Loretta all pretty much stinking it up. I have been reduced to starting Loaiza, H. Ramirez and Todd Jones this week on the pitching side. Still hope, but I am pretty down on that league as nothing has been going right for me there it would seem.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thehat » Tue May 17, 2005 2:34 am

Loretta was out of his mind last year. I would agree with the Marverometer on him for this year.

(David...since your projections and opinions are among the sharpest here or anyplace else for that matter, I like "Maverometer" for any numbers you offer from here on in. Now if you happen to land a gig someplace doing this stuff, I expect a royalty, of course.)
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby davidmarver » Tue May 17, 2005 2:35 am

thehat wrote:Loretta was out of his mind last year. I would agree with the Marverometer on him for this year.

(David...since your projections and opinions are among the sharpest here or anyplace else for that matter, I like "Maverometer" for any numbers you offer from here on in. Now if you happen to land a gig someplace doing this stuff, I expect a royalty, of course.)

Haha, how about 10%. Now if only we could find a buyer. Do you Yahoo?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WittyC » Tue May 17, 2005 2:39 am

Chavez and Huff will come around for sure... especially if Huff gets dealt. Whenever I have a league that goes that way, I tend to deal anyone on my team that's been hot with 2-for-1 and 3-for-1 deals that the other owners can't refuse, then I go waiver-wire crazy to try to prospect on break-out guys. Even if it doesn't work, it's still fun.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rckaflla88 » Tue May 17, 2005 3:40 am

i mean come on....even with last year being an anamoly....he still capable of knocking 10-12 out....why wont loretta hit a dingdong....gosh
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Box » Tue May 17, 2005 8:11 am

rckaflla88 wrote:i mean come on....even with last year being an anamoly....he still capable of knocking 10-12 out....why wont loretta hit a dingdong....gosh

Stop saying dingdong. B-)
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseballnewb » Tue May 17, 2005 9:20 am

I think most people thought his power last year was an abberation, so I wouldn't expect many HR's out of him this year. Just be happy you got the SB's from him.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers