Bad feelin about Benny Sheets.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bad feelin about Benny Sheets....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cooner » Tue May 17, 2005 2:12 pm

ocmusicjunkie wrote:Benny is used all the time when referring to Sheets.

The thing I can't take is the stupid first-last combos. "ManRam" somehow doesn't sound very heterosexual.

most are dumb, but some just work soooo well. I mean, how can you go wrong with "KRod"? It's brilliant!
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomkatt » Tue May 17, 2005 2:24 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I heard Sheets keeps babbling something about aliens wanting to steal his socks for fuel.

Ha ha ha ha. ;-D
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dmville » Tue May 17, 2005 3:18 pm

Not a doctor, but dizziness can be one of the most frustrating things to treat cuz it can be caused by so many things, and most of them are not able to be diagnosed by a simple bloodtest. Oh, maybe its your eyes, your ears, your brain, your BP, etc.

Though not a MLB pitcher, my wife just went through a period of constant dizziness for about two months. Many tests and $$ later, we know dozens of things (tumors, fluid etc) that weren't causing it, but have yet to figure what actually was. Every doctor thought they had found something, but then it would later be ruled out. She gradually got rid of it but it was very disturbing to her to have to live and go on w our normal 3 kid life like that almost constantly for two months.

Now just imagine hurling the force of your whole body forward while balancing on one foot trying to hit the corner of the plate w a 90 MPH fastball while having that condition. Sucks to own him for sure. Sucks even more to be him right now.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue May 17, 2005 4:05 pm

It is frustrating to say the least, even more so as a Brewers fan and having to watch Wes freaking Obermueller fill his spot in the rotation. He goes today against the Nationals, so our bats better be ready to score 6-7 runs at least. Anyway, I'm kind of anticipating an early June return at this point. If he comes back earlier, that's gravy. I was hoping he'd be back in time for the Twins series, but that's looking pretty dubious at this point.

The rotation has been overacheiving without him, with the exception of Doug Davis. I can't help thinking that if we had the Sheets/Davis combo of last year (most combined quality starts in the bigs) right now, we'd be something more like 21-16 instead of 18-19.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Tue May 17, 2005 4:20 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:It is frustrating to say the least, even more so as a Brewers fan and having to watch Wes freaking Obermueller fill his spot in the rotation. He goes today against the Nationals, so our bats better be ready to score 6-7 runs at least. Anyway, I'm kind of anticipating an early June return at this point. If he comes back earlier, that's gravy. I was hoping he'd be back in time for the Twins series, but that's looking pretty dubious at this point.

The rotation has been overacheiving without him, with the exception of Doug Davis. I can't help thinking that if we had the Sheets/Davis combo of last year (most combined quality starts in the bigs) right now, we'd be something more like 21-16 instead of 18-19.

One positive thing I can say about Sheets' injury is that this layoff should save some mileage on his arm. He's logged an awful lot of innings at such a young age:

I honestly think that this will go away when he wakes up one day and he'll be able to return very quickly. I'm not too worried.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RAmst23 » Tue May 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Some good points on this thread, Sheets is probably the safest pitcher on the DL right now. Most likely won't have recurring inner ear trouble (Let's hope not anyway) throughout the year.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby saxeT1979 » Tue May 17, 2005 5:44 pm

How can you say this will not reoccur? He suffered the same inner ear infection last year around the end of May beginning of June. Somebody needs to tell him to stop putting stuff in his ears.
saxeT1979
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wavetide007 » Tue May 17, 2005 6:23 pm

saxeT1979 wrote:How can you say this will not reoccur? He suffered the same inner ear infection last year around the end of May beginning of June. Somebody needs to tell him to stop putting stuff in his ears.

he is dirty
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokey » Tue May 17, 2005 6:44 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:It has been an absolutely brutal year for top pitchers.

Schilling: bust so far
Schmidt: disappointing

Sheets: bust so far
Ol. Perez: bust
RJ: disappointing
C. Zambrano: disappointing
Wood: disappointing
Mo: Disappointing
Benitez: bust
Gagne: bust so far
Izzy: dissapointing
Foulke: bust so far

That's the pitching staff I was so excited about entering the year, only you forgot one guy (who happens to be my other closer: Mota.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby t2green2 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:22 pm

One word :

Vertigo........................sucks

Ask Nick Esasky next time you see him.

I own "Benny" and am not happy about this "infection".
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers