Star Wars Episode III - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Star Wars Episode III

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 22, 2005 11:43 pm

I'm a fan of the original trilogy but I thought Episode I & II were utter garbage just riding on the name. E3 definitely redeemed the series to a degree. It's the new episode most like the originals.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon May 23, 2005 12:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:I'm a fan of the original trilogy but I thought Episode I & II were utter garbage just riding on the name. E3 definitely redeemed the series to a degree. It's the new episode most like the originals.

I totally agree. The first two were just unecessary. Do we really need to know that Anakin's mother was a virgin? Do we really care about Padme and Anakin's love affair?

A prologue a la The Hobbit would have been more than sufficient. Not 5 hours of boring and unecessary storyline. Although being a die hard Star Wars fan, all I need is some light sabre action to make me happy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby logan » Mon May 23, 2005 3:23 pm

eftda wrote:
Yoda wrote:I totally agree. The first two were just unecessary. Do we really need to know that Anakin's mother was a virgin?

Yes

Yoda wrote: Do we really care about Padme and Anakin's love affair?

Yes

agreed for me as well. but to each his own. ;-)
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish » Mon May 23, 2005 4:14 pm

First of all, Padme and Annakin's love affair was supposed to be the driving force behind the entire first three movies. It was his love for her that turns him to the dark side, or so I thought.

Then I witnessed Lucas's script which could of been written by a five year old and Annakin's acting and I almost threw up.

There will never be someone who takes down a succesful series like Hayden Christiansen did to this. He was possibly the worst actor in the history of cinema, and the horrible simplistic script certainly didn't help.

At no time was I convinced the two cared about eachother, let alone believe there was a huge internal turmoil of Annakin, except when he let Samuel L die and then suddenly say "Gee Golly, that was bad. Ah well I'll go to the dark side now"

I know this comes off harsh, but I think the potential of this movie was nowhere near reached.

The effects were badass, the third was definitely the best of the three, but the script and Haydens acting made me gag one too many times. I just wish they cast someone else for that role. I would of been able to enjoy it much more.

Obviously, I'm a critic. :-/
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chris8 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:14 pm

Irish wrote:
At no time was I convinced the two cared about eachother, let alone believe there was a huge internal turmoil of Annakin, except when he let Samuel L die and then suddenly say "Gee Golly, that was bad. Ah well I'll go to the dark side now"

This was the bit which really bugged me. I mean, one moment he's saying, "what have I done?" after cutting off Samuel L's arm, and then 10 seconds later he's pledging his total allegiance to the Dark Side?! :-?

Doesn't quite add up for me.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:37 pm

I saw it this morning... oh my god... it was SO GOOD X-I X-I X-I
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:49 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I saw it this morning... oh my god... it was SO GOOD X-I X-I X-I

;-D ;-D ;-D

I loved it as well.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Previous

Return to General Talk