John Patterson

Postby atlbraves11 » Mon May 16, 2005 7:40 pm

how do you think he will fare the rest of the year
atlbraves11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scb175 » Mon May 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Dont know... i'd like to know this as well. I watched him yesterday... he looked very hittable in most of the innings, but I believe he struck out the side in one also. He's got the stuff, but it just seems like he gets lackadaisical out there.
scb175
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 16, 2005 7:51 pm

He'll be decent. ERA around 4.00 or better with a 1.30 WHIP. There is a good chance he will wear down though so I would try to trade him around all-star break.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby atlbraves11 » Mon May 16, 2005 8:31 pm

yeah i was actually at the game on sunday. he could throw it pretty hard but sometimes his control was off. a reason for this may be that on sunday the mound was messed up so they had to come out and fix it. he said his foot slipped on the mound sometimes during that game. i dunno may just be an excuse
atlbraves11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 17, 2005 10:04 am

atlbraves11 wrote:yeah i was actually at the game on sunday. he could throw it pretty hard but sometimes his control was off. a reason for this may be that on sunday the mound was messed up so they had to come out and fix it. he said his foot slipped on the mound sometimes during that game. i dunno may just be an excuse

the mound was messed up? just ask maddux. :-b

he looked shaky on the first inning then he kinda settled down a bit...it was a shame he couldn't get the win...6 Ks was pretty nice though for only 5 2/3 innings of work.

yeah...i don't really know what to do with him right now...he goes against toronto his next start, but against halladay...so i prolly won't start him and see how he does. i'm gonna wait a bit more on him.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Return to Baseball Leftovers