Confirmed: Zambrano has tennis elbow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Confirmed: Zambrano has tennis elbow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Mon May 16, 2005 11:47 pm

"Although called tennis elbow, lateral epicondylitis is much more commonly seen in people who are over using their arm doing something else. It could equally well be called "plasterer's elbow" or "mechanic's elbow" or "painter's elbow".

The most common cause is over use of the muscles which are attached to the bone at this part of the elbow. That is to say, the muscles which pull the hand backwards (the wrist extensors). All the extensor muscles of the hand attach to the elbow at the outer part (the lateral epicondyle). If they are strained or over used they become inflamed, which means they are swollen, painful and tender to touch.

Sometimes the inflammation is caused by a direct injury or bang. Sometimes, especially when the cause is direct injury or strain, the muscles are actually partially torn.

Rarely the inflammation comes on without any definite cause, and this may be due to an arthritis, rheumatism or gout. Sometimes the problem is partly or completely due to a neck problem, which is causing pain in the elbow via the nerves from the neck."

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/tenniselbow.html
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Tue May 17, 2005 12:15 am

OH NO ZAMBRANO HAS GOUT!!!!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!

disclaimer: this mat be idle speculation based on certain unlikely medical possibilities.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tavish » Tue May 17, 2005 12:24 am

Phatferd wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:How do you get Tennis Elbow from throwing a freaking baseball? The only way you get by acctually playing tennis is not playing often enough. :-?

This isn't true. It's like saying you have to be Lou Gherig to get Lou Gherigs disease. You can get tennis elbow from playing gold too.

That would be pretty sweet if you could only get diseases that matched your name. Even then chances are that there would still be parents out there stupid enough to name their kid Herpes.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Cooner » Tue May 17, 2005 12:59 am

Tavish wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:How do you get Tennis Elbow from throwing a freaking baseball? The only way you get by acctually playing tennis is not playing often enough. :-?

This isn't true. It's like saying you have to be Lou Gherig to get Lou Gherigs disease. You can get tennis elbow from playing gold too.

That would be pretty sweet if you could only get diseases that matched your name. Even then chances are that there would still be parents out there stupid enough to name their kid Herpes.

I got a nice long laugh outta that one Tav :-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SolomonKane » Tue May 17, 2005 1:15 am

I got tennis elbow playing basketball, it hurt like a mother...takes a while to get back into peak shape again after it too.

was really careful about warming up always...was a freak end of the night injury when it hit me, caught the basketball and pulled it into my chest (flexed my elbow) and bam! tennis elbow.
SolomonKane
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:18 am

Nothing a 150 pitch outting can't fix. And just for insurance, Baker has said he will name a new closer after each inning of the next game Zambrano starts.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WittyC » Tue May 17, 2005 1:29 am

ocmusicjunkie wrote:bahahahahaah....

Okay thats not nice, I really shouldn't...

bahahahaha!

I hope Dusty pitches him til his arm falls off. One of the worst personalities in baseball... I'm just laughing that he's about to implode because of bad management.

Well, I'd rather have my guys getting their arms pitched off than traded away for two apples and a box of cracker jacks.

Worst personalities in baseball my foot... what about that pothead surfer-wannabe former Cy-Young winner with a 5.50 ERA? Throw in posers Kirk Saarloos and Dan Haren and you've got 3/5 of the Backstreet Boys.

Zamby will be fine... the guy is "a horse," and he'll be fine. I don't blame Dusty for the problems... it's Rothschild who's been wrecking good pitchers for the Cubs over the years.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Tue May 17, 2005 1:45 am

WittyC wrote:Worst personalities in baseball my foot... what about that pothead surfer-wannabe former Cy-Young winner with a 5.50 ERA?

How would you know he smokes? Are you just associating because of what he looks like? That's be like us racially incriminating Zambrano. Instead, OC simply said he had a bad personality; which he does. How can you criticize a pitcher who twice declined to enter the major league draft so he could finish his education? And FYI, he is a surfer, not just a wannabe. How many Cy Young's does Zambrano have? As many as me.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WittyC » Tue May 17, 2005 2:24 am

Easy Marver... Why don't you stick to defending Peavy... and by the way, your boy's gonna be on the DL within a month.

I'm just poking some fun at Zito b/c he's a headcase and looks like a hippie. There is a pretty big difference that and a racist.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Zamby's attitude? He's passionate about the game. I'd rather have the Baby Bull caring about baseball than a guy who's rather be surfing than figuring out why his ERA is going up a point every year.

Oh, and Zamby also has as many Cy Youngs as you and Peavy combined. Weird.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Tue May 17, 2005 2:27 am

What was that sound? Oh, that was the NL ERA title Peavy won last year. If he had those five extra starts he missed he would have won 18, struck out 200 and won the Cy Young. No doubt.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers