Small favor requested.... host my new siggie please? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Small favor requested.... host my new siggie please?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Small favor requested.... host my new siggie please?

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 16, 2005 4:36 pm

Hey guys. I have a new siggie I built and rather like but at the moment I have no webspace of my own to host it at. Could someone please host it for me? I would very much appreciate it. ;-D

If you are willing to help me out please let me know and I will email the siggie to you. And of course I will owe you a favor which hopefully I will be able to repay some day.

Thanks a million! B-)
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jumpman8288 » Mon May 16, 2005 4:56 pm

If you can't find someone you can always use http://www.imageshack.us, unless you want it hosted specifically by somebody's webspace.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 16, 2005 5:04 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:If you can't find someone you can always use http://www.imageshack.us, unless you want it hosted specifically by somebody's webspace.

No actually, that will work just fine. That was so unbelievably easy I'm speechless. Thanks for posting the link ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 16, 2005 5:28 pm

6 uploads later and I still can't get it small enough to be acceptable. I'm so incredibly frustrated. Guess I'll stick with what I've got.

:-[ :-t
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 16, 2005 10:10 pm

Download the gimp or something else to resize it easily

maybee ifranview
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby leal72 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:36 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:6 uploads later and I still can't get it small enough to be acceptable. I'm so incredibly frustrated. Guess I'll stick with what I've got.

How are you trying to compress the file? What program are you using?
leal72
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 17, 2005 2:28 pm

leal72 wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:6 uploads later and I still can't get it small enough to be acceptable. I'm so incredibly frustrated. Guess I'll stick with what I've got.

How are you trying to compress the file? What program are you using?

Dear God Leal, that's the best siggie I've ever seen 8-o

You are truly gifted.. and so is she. I love when they lounge around in that position :-D

ANYWAY

I'm using Photoshop 7. It's frustrating because all I wanted to do was make a siggie using this album cover. I cut about 400 pixels by 100 pixels right around the animal face in the center, and just added a "Simulacrum" in the lower middle with a thin black border all around the sig. I flattened the image and exported it repeatedly, each time with a lower level of quality to decrease the file size. Finally, when quality "1" didn't even work I got frustrated and quit. It's confusing because the sigs I see around here seem so much more complicated!

In retrospect now I realize the album cover image is positively massive and that must have been my problem. It's pretty sad that I'm studying web design and graphic information technology in school and this is giving me so much trouble, but... :-/

So I should download this GIMP program, huh? Is it a substitute for Photoshop or is it just for re-sizing images? What program do you crazy cats use? I'd like to try my hand at making siggies myself. :-?

Thanks for your time and advice. ;-D [/url]
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby leal72 » Tue May 17, 2005 3:17 pm

well, I checked out that image and it's just a big file, alot going on in that pic. I was able to compress it by 35% and get it to the right size. You should be able to also. I don't use photoshop but it should be similar, when you save as a jpeg, you should have an "option" tab (you should have "save", "cancel", "help", and "option") go into the options, then into optimizer and adjust the values there.

I think if you have photoshop your better off using that rather than the Gimp.
leal72
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 17, 2005 3:19 pm

leal72 wrote:well, I checked out that image and it's just a big file, alot going on in that pic. I was able to compress it by 35% and get it to the right size. You should be able to also. I don't use photoshop but it should be similar, when you save as a jpeg, you should have an "option" tab (you should have "save", "cancel", "help", and "option") go into the options, then into optimizer and adjust the values there.

I think if you have photoshop your better off using that rather than the Gimp.

Yea photoshop is probably better then the Gimp..but the Gimp is free and also very powerful.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Tue May 17, 2005 3:56 pm

I've got Photoshop, so if you want to send me the file, I'll see what I can do with it. PM me and we can do the file transfer through AIM. I'd assume Photoshop CS 2 is backwards compatible with Photoshop 7.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests