Autograph shows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Autograph shows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Autograph shows

Postby eftda » Mon May 16, 2005 3:01 pm

How do people hear about signings? I look in the newspaper from time to time, but I am wondering if there is a website of magazine that tells about such things.
Last edited by eftda on Sun May 22, 2005 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue May 17, 2005 1:56 am

Beckett has listings for card shows toward the back, and most of the big ones have players there that sign. Most of the time the players that will be there are advertised with the show. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Sun May 22, 2005 12:50 am

Thanks.

I picked up a Beckett, but I guess I missed 3 shows that happene that weekend. Oh well. Thanks for the 411. ;-D

I'm more into the hard core stuff, such as jerseys, bats, balls, etc... I'm not really into cards. I can't seem to understand the vlaue in somthing thats printed over 20,000 times. :-/
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun May 22, 2005 2:33 am

eftda wrote:Thanks.

I picked up a Beckett, but I guess I missed 3 shows that happene that weekend. Oh well. Thanks for the 411. ;-D

I'm more into the hard core stuff, such as jerseys, bats, balls, etc... I'm not really into cards. I can't seem to understand the vlaue in somthing thats printed over 20,000 times. :-/

No problem. ;-D

As to cards, I got into the numbered cards for awhile (#X out of #X). They got all the way down to 1 of 1 (only 1 of that card printed in the whole world) but that made them way too expensive for me to try to collect. I still like to get cards that have less than 1,000 made though. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sun May 22, 2005 2:37 am

Theres a new 'set out'. Its 100 cards and 3 cards per box. One pack per box. 100 bucks per box. You get one autograph per box. Cards have gotten too out of hand for me.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sun May 22, 2005 2:58 am

eftda wrote:Theres a new 'set out'. Its 100 cards and 3 cards per box. One pack per box. 100 bucks per box. You get one autograph per box. Cards have gotten too out of hand for me.

Yeah, that's out of the range I want to spend too. 3 unknown cards for $100? Thanks, but no thanks. :-/

I remember spending $100-$150 per box on Flair, Topps Finest, and a few of the upper types of cards, but just grew tired of it.

Have to admit that collecting made for some very good times though. It's getting close to time for my son to start collecting, so that might be just enough for me to dig up the old collection and start adding to it. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Padres19 » Mon May 23, 2005 2:44 am

Wanna know what major leaguer is going to be signing around the corner?

http://www.signingshotline.com

The best web site EVER. It tells you about everything that is coming up.

And while we are talking about baseball cards getting out of hand. I agree. I figured why waste $100 on a box of cards, get a few good cards that have a value of about $60 and that goes up and down because someone at a huge magazine says it does.

So instead, I put that $100 towards an autograph signing. Gas, pictures or baseballs and pay for the autograph. I get to meet the player, plus the item is valuable. And the price doesn't go down, only UP!

And after being in it long enough, it has gotten cheaper and even better. Autographs are easily the best thing that happened to me. I can't wait to get my own house and show off all the Hall of Famers I have gotten and then some.
[list]Classic Jerry Colmanisms
[*]"Montreal leads Atlanta by three, 5-1."
[*]"They throw Winfield out at second, but he's safe."
[*]"Johnny Grubb slides into second with a standup double."[/list:u]
Padres19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia