Yahoo O-Rank Change? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo O-Rank Change?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo O-Rank Change?

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon May 16, 2005 2:30 pm

When will the O-ranks begin to change again? Last year I remember they shifted O-ranks like every 2 weeks. This year, they havent changed O-Ranks other than for like a day when every player's O-rank was way off. They ultimately mean nothing, but some in my league use O-Ranks rating as "trade value" so my lower ranked players such as B.Roberts, Delucci, Halladay, Turnbow, Lyon, and Webb need that drop so they look appealing to the stupid owners in my league...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby jblank » Mon May 16, 2005 3:15 pm

once the season starts, you need to pretty much stop looking at the O-Rank and focus on the "Rank" instead. The O-Rank is a combination stat, the "RANK" is the rating based on current statistics and is a much better indicator of how the player is faring against others and is the true indicator of value.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon May 16, 2005 3:25 pm

Oh, I understand that. Some of the other owners in leagues do not. Many use the O-rank to determine value. If a player like Brandon Lyon has a great season rank but low O-rank, many owners feel like he is a one month wonder or something of that nature. Many use the O-rank as trade value and that is why I hope they adjust them soon since I have a few guys on my team that would benefit from the added value.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jblank » Mon May 16, 2005 3:28 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:Oh, I understand that. Some of the other owners in leagues do not. Many use the O-rank to determine value. If a player like Brandon Lyon has a great season rank but low O-rank, many owners feel like he is a one month wonder or something of that nature. Many use the O-rank as trade value and that is why I hope they adjust them soon since I have a few guys on my team that would benefit from the added value.

Then they are idiots and losing out on good deals. You might try and mention their ranks in the message field when you send them offers and try to explain it to them.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon May 16, 2005 3:30 pm

Ive tried, many just reject good offers if they include a low o-ranked player for one with a lower rank. My main league has many knowledgeble owners but it only takes a couple o-rank happy guys to make the o-ranks matter.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rotterdam_82 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:34 pm

I used the O-rank as a quick guide to how a player has performed over several years. If they have a good O-rank, they have done pretty well in the past which makes them worth looking at. It helped me a lot in the draft.

Now I don't need it anymore because I know the value of most players without needing to peek at stats every time an offer comes my way. But it is still a useful tool for fantasy newbies.

Rank can be just as bad. For example, is Brian Roberts realy the most valuable player in fantasy baseball? Is Reggie Sanders worth more than Beltran? I mean, come on!

You just need to start talking to people and start selling your players.....
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers