Sometimes I hate H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sometimes I hate H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Mon May 16, 2005 4:54 pm

i play roto for competitive leagues and h2h for the fun ones. i just can't abide weeks where someone like nick johnson gets 3 random SBs, causing my downfall, when i really care about it. but if it's a fun league with friends, no biggie. :-) the most frustrating thing in leagues like that is that there are like 10 guys on waivers i'd like to add, but everyone on my team is already too good to drop. (that's the league where i have pat burrell, shawn green, and brad wilkerson on the bench. :-b )
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TBallgame » Mon May 16, 2005 5:03 pm

WittyC wrote:Third year as commish in an H2H that consists of a bunch of my old high school buddies.

There's simply nothing better for trash-talking and keeping the league active. We're over 210 posts on our Yahoo! board already, and that doesn't include the separate website I keep as a fake new source (yeah, I have an addicition).

My favorite part of the league is that it's weekly locked rosters. Initially I did this because I knew we would have a few "casual" players, but I love the strategy involved with doing this. Having to pick matchups at the beginning of the week is pretty cool.

Got ya beat, me and my buddies just went over 800 posts for the season, Needless to say, we don't work very hard at our jobs :-D
"I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated." Al McGuire
TBallgame
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers