Robinson Cano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Robinson Cano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Robinson Cano?

Postby CoopernicusX » Mon May 16, 2005 11:05 am

Torre says he is going to play everyday for the forseeable future.

Anybody else grabbing this guy? (I did..but then again I ALWAYS pick up Yankees...I can't help it)
"You can observe a lot by watching." - YOGI
CoopernicusX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Mon May 16, 2005 11:16 am

I want to grab him for my dynasty, but haven't been able to make room yet. I've got Barmes and Vidro at 2B.

He sure does hit the ball HARD.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:52 pm

I had some hope he'd turn into something good, kind of like Soriano his first year.

Looks like hes a very good fielder and has a nice bat as well. He picked his average from .100 to .300 over the weekend, hopefully he can keep it up.

I like what I've seen from him and Wang. It's nice to see some youthful home-grown talent on the Yankees, something that's been missed for a while.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby strong » Mon May 16, 2005 3:07 pm

I had him when he first got called up and dropped him after that 1 fer twenty-something start... Just picked him up again... And it pains me because I take pride in avoiding Yankees...
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yankee_cafe » Mon May 16, 2005 3:16 pm

I used my waiver priority to snag him in my dynasty league. Needless to say, I have high hopes for the future.
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby blankman » Mon May 16, 2005 4:09 pm

I've yet to see him play (don't get YES at college) but I'll see him play in a couple days when I get home. What I've been hearing about him is good, but it'll be exciting to watch firsthand ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Titanic Grizzlie » Mon May 16, 2005 4:42 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I had some hope he'd turn into something good, kind of like Soriano his first year.

Looks like hes a very good fielder and has a nice bat as well. He picked his average from .100 to .300 over the weekend, hopefully he can keep it up.

I like what I've seen from him and Wang. It's nice to see some youthful home-grown talent on the Yankees, something that's been missed for a while.

A very Good Feilder???? HUh....................

This guy has looked awful in the field. He's botched a few tough but very fieldable balls, and He has been completely out of place on several pickoff and throwout attempts as well.

He my have a decent history in the field, but Cano is very below average right now. Maybe you just saw him make that play yesterday because that's the only truely nice play i have seen him make against about 5 bad ones
Titanic Grizzlie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby West » Mon May 16, 2005 6:42 pm

Does anyone know what kind of power numbers we can expect from this kid? He's already got a handful of doubles, that along with his .325 or so average seems to indicate he's hitting the ball real well lately. He still hasn't drawn a walk in 40 at bats, but he's only struck out 4 times. How does everyone feel about his power/speed potential this season and beyond?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby thehat » Mon May 16, 2005 6:53 pm

West wrote:Does anyone know what kind of power numbers we can expect from this kid? He's already got a handful of doubles, that along with his .325 or so average seems to indicate he's hitting the ball real well lately. He still hasn't drawn a walk in 40 at bats, but he's only struck out 4 times. How does everyone feel about his power/speed potential this season and beyond?

Looks as though he has a problem with lefties, but that could change. Okay pop, a 15-20 HR type. Cano has no speed.

Defensively, I think he'll be above average in the long run. Excellent arm, range is a bit limited.

He's likely to be an okay major leaguer, but he's not star material, so don't overrate him.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jbones733 » Mon May 16, 2005 7:18 pm

Jeter said he reminds him of a young Robbie Alomar, take it for what its worth , here in NYC they have been raving about the kid since he got called up, might just be so they could trade him later in season
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers