Sheffield a good start against Glavine? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sheffield a good start against Glavine?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sheffield a good start against Glavine?

Postby jebatzel » Sat May 24, 2003 11:01 am

I should be winning homeruns this week, but I seem to be benching half my guys who hit homeruns.

Gary hit a homerun last night, but he has a .227 average lifetime against Glavine. Batting .407 in the last 7 days though.

Torri Hunter has been getting a lot of hit of late and was robbed of a HR last night.

Hunter is facing Joel Pineiro who he is 1 for 7 against, but that one hit is a HR.

Here is my lineup how it looks now:
C Lo Duca, Paul (C, 1B-LA) (batting .545 this week for me)
1B Giambi, Jason (1B, DH-NYY)
2B Giles, Marcus (2B-Atl)
3B Pujols, Albert (LF, 3B, 1B-StL) (.545 this week, 4 hrs, 9 rbis, 7 runs, 3 doubles) anyone see his bunt for a hit last night against the Pirates?
SS Cabrera, Orlando (SS-Mon) (reason Hernandez is on the bench of late, .364 average last 7 days)
OF Sheffield, Gary (RF-Atl)
OF Everett, Carl (RF, CF, LF, DH-Tex) (Due for a big game)
OF Kearns, Austin (RF, CF-Cin) (Due for a hr soon)
Util Hernandez, Jose (SS-Col) (hit hrs in the 3 of the last 4 games and I had him on my bench each time) (.182 the last 7 days, but 3 hrs and 5 rbis)
Bench Hunter, Torii (CF-Min) (.333 average, hr, 2 runs, double, 4 rbis last 7 days)
Bench Martinez, Edgar (DH-Sea)
Bench Konerko, Paul (1B-CWS)
DL Durham, RayDL (2B, DH-SF)

head to head league.

I am losing runs 26 to 28, winning doubles 14 to 8, losing hrs 6 to 11, tied at rbis with 30, losing sbs 1 to 5 (gave up on that one), and winning average and OBP by a mile.

In the last 7 days my guys have hit 14 hrs, yet only 6 have counted because I had them on the bench.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DamnDodgers » Sat May 24, 2003 2:35 pm

Start sheff for sure, along with kearns and everett every game in my opinion. I'd rather have edgar or hunter at utility. Since you missed out on the hrs of hernandez this week, I doubt he'll reward ya with anymore.
DamnDodgers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rayt132 » Sat May 24, 2003 2:44 pm

sheff
rayt132
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jebatzel » Sat May 24, 2003 2:47 pm

3 for 3 now with homerun, double, run, and 3 rbis

Glavine is out of the game now.

To bad I didn't have other option at 2nd Marcus Giles is 0 for 3, its only the 4th inning though so he will get more shots.

Glad I started Gary though.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby timkell » Sat May 24, 2003 7:47 pm

It's Gary Sheffield! You're really over thinking if you're wondering whether to start Sheffield against Glavine. Unless Sheff is hurt or in a terrible slump, you should start him every day. That's the benefit of having studs. They let you concentrate on managing your weak positions.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Super GM » Sat May 24, 2003 8:25 pm

Sheff is on a rampage! He's been on fire the entire season....He now has a .367 batting average this season with 12 HR 44RBI. If you're still thinking about starting somebody like that, you don't belong in fantasy baseball. I'm not trying to say you don't belong in fantasy baseball, but asking wether to start red hot Gary Sheffield is stupid. The answer is selfexplanitory. Don't let yourself be fooled by Sheffs lifetime BA vs. Glavine. Don't forget that Glavine plays for the Mets now and they tend to suck, no matter who's playing for them or who's playing against them....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Sat May 24, 2003 10:50 pm

I'd add that unless your other 'option' at 2B was Soriano, Kent or Vidro, there should be no reason to consider benching Giles either. He also is on fire, and has Sheff to hit him in.

Manage, but don't over-manage.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Super GM » Sun May 25, 2003 6:05 am

DGroundhog wrote:I'd add that unless your other 'option' at 2B was Soriano, Kent or Vidro, there should be no reason to consider benching Giles either. He also is on fire, and has Sheff to hit him in.

Manage, but don't over-manage.

Amen to that
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers