Anyone take Tribulous? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone take Tribulous?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 17, 2005 1:59 pm

Irish wrote:Let's all remember this, natural does not mean safe. If anything, natural means less safe, because humans were less involved in developing it.

Something natural that's not good for you? No.... I thought Marijuana was a great way to increase my creativity.

;-7
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 17, 2005 2:19 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Irish wrote:Let's all remember this, natural does not mean safe. If anything, natural means less safe, because humans were less involved in developing it.

Something natural that's not good for you? No.... I thought Marijuana was a great way to increase my creativity.

;-7

Thats deep man!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Tue May 17, 2005 6:21 pm

Do alot of research about something that messes with your body like that or you might have an early heart attack like many others.

I recommend just using protein powder. My friends do one scoop when they work out and one in the morning and they say it works real well. I'm pretty sure that's a safer way to go, even though results may not come as quickly.

But are you in a rush to enter Mr. USA or something?

i'll partially agree with this, though there are plenty of 'natural' things that are plenty ok for you, ephedra being one of them, but that is beside the point.

if you are anal about keeping on a strict diet and worlout sked, you can add 5lb of lean muscle per month, none of it being just waterweight. if you waant to do a bulk workout you can get a little more than 5lb. most important part is to consume 1.5x - 2.0x grams of protien (mostly animal or whey, some soy is fine) per pound of body weight you have, every day. spread it out b/c your body can only process so much at a time. drink tons of water to keep your liver and kidneys from getting pissed off at you.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Punisher » Tue May 17, 2005 6:26 pm

acsguitar wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

;-7

Thats deep man!

Amen my brother
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:35 pm

I wouldn't say I was the strongest person in the world but I do workout daily. My advice would be to just Eat as much as you can and work out. All the Carbohdrates that you eat will turn to muscle. I went from a skinny little freshman to someone who can acctually throw up some wieght. I'm about 155 lbs. and can bench 205 and squad 335. As a freshman I couldn't even do 100 pounds 8-o .
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Grouperman941 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:51 pm

RugbyD wrote: most important part is to consume 1.5x - 2.0x grams of protien (mostly animal or whey, some soy is fine) per pound of body weight you have, every day. spread it out b/c your body can only process so much at a time. drink tons of water to keep your liver and kidneys from getting pissed off at you.

I would avoid supplements that mess with hormone levels.

To add to what RugbyD and Irish said, protein is the building block of muscle. You also need complex carbs to sustain energy levels during workouts and fats for a healthy nervous system. When I was into this stuff, the recommended ratios were 3:1:2 Carbs:Fats:Protein. Also, eat every 3-4 hours, not sooner. Doing this regularly will turn you body into a nutrient processing machine.

Another tip while I am on a roll: extensive warmup stretching is extremely important, and if you are doing a sport other then weightlifting (esp baseball) do not train with wraps and/or tape. Strengthening the belly of a muscle without its support network is just begging for an injury.

*My knowledge of this stuff is based on personal experience, gym rat lore and the book 'Bodybuilding: A Scientific Approach.' Take it for what it's worth, but it works OK for me.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to General Talk