Beltran VS. Abreu from here on out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran VS. Abreu from here on out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby great gretzky » Mon May 16, 2005 7:24 pm

again, gotta disagree there. Shea is pretty neutral for beltran based upon the arguments posited by some members here.

The point is, we can get geeked out over various effects. My point is that it isn't a "landslide" by any stretch of the imagination.

At the end of the day, beltran has had the higher homerun (by season) total and the higher stolen base total. So based upon measurable facts, and not speculation, I can safely say his ceiling is higher, he has had the bigger seasons at an earlier age.

the point I am making (and I am a phillies fan, so I am partial to bobby) is to claim that it abreu 1.5 months into the season is folly IMO.

Beltrans proven ceiling is indeed higher. And park effects or not, his numbers aside from avg don't seem to have the floor that bobby's do. I'd also add that beltran has been in a crappy lineup most of his career.

The point is that it remains to be seen who is better. And in all reality anyway -- abreu in a lot of leagues was late first round material anyway. So we are really talking about a sliver of difference anyway.

we'll see though. I guess we will only be able to tell at the end of this year.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rckaflla88 » Wed May 18, 2005 4:30 am

5/17 abreu yet another dingdong....

he is simply having the best month of his career...maybe this power surge will get him out of the "underrated" cover...maybe...
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers