Tino is good. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tino is good.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Mon May 16, 2005 1:57 pm

reznorsboy wrote:I predicted good year from Tino to all my friends. Finally I look smart for a change. I was at a spring training game in Tampa against the pirates and the crowd at legends field gave Tino a huge ovation when he was introduced. Tino is one of those guys that the yanks fan love I think.

One of the loudest ovations I've ever heard at Yankee Stadium was when Tino hit two home runs....when he was playing for St. Louis. Yeah, we love him.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:41 pm

WittyC wrote:
swingaway wrote:i also think tino is playing with a chip on shoulder since didnt he get replaced by jason Giambi :-? . I suspected tino is probably laughign his but off now at jason secertly saying in his head hahaha you roids do nothing for you even this old man that is roid less owns you in production :-B

Actually, I think he got replaced by Nick Johnson. That was after hitting 34 jacks with 113 RBI's in 2001. Funny, I don't think Nick put up better numbers than that in '02!

But I would agree that he might be playing like he's got a chip on his shoulder. That's also why I like Mike Cameron this year (shameless plug). With all the Beltran at CF BS, along with Victor Diaz playing well as his fill-in, I think this guy is going to continue to kill the ball all season.

:-?

No, it was Giambi. Not Nick Johnson. :-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Mon May 16, 2005 4:13 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
WittyC wrote:
swingaway wrote:i also think tino is playing with a chip on shoulder since didnt he get replaced by jason Giambi :-? . I suspected tino is probably laughign his but off now at jason secertly saying in his head hahaha you roids do nothing for you even this old man that is roid less owns you in production :-B

Actually, I think he got replaced by Nick Johnson. That was after hitting 34 jacks with 113 RBI's in 2001. Funny, I don't think Nick put up better numbers than that in '02!

But I would agree that he might be playing like he's got a chip on his shoulder. That's also why I like Mike Cameron this year (shameless plug). With all the Beltran at CF BS, along with Victor Diaz playing well as his fill-in, I think this guy is going to continue to kill the ball all season.

:-?

No, it was Giambi. Not Nick Johnson. :-P

Giambi had a good year then.

Unfortunately Nick Johnson is playing well now as he was expected to. Nick Johnson for Randy Johnson (essentially the trade) isn't too bad though :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon May 16, 2005 5:24 pm

Giambi was very good that year, better than Tino was in 2001 or 2002. I loved Tino and hated to see him go but you can't fully fault the Yankees for getting Giambi at the time. He gave them 41-120-.314 that year I believe.

The :-P was in response to Nick Johnson. While Johnson is a pretty good player, that would've been my face if we replaced Tino with him. I'm 100% thrilled that we got Tino back, he was the only change I wanted to make to the offense heading into the offseason. And it's paying divedends right now.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon May 16, 2005 5:36 pm

Hopefully he will keep this up ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion