Postby Kingctb27 » Sun May 15, 2005 1:28 pm

Thats a pretty sweet game. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun May 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Wow you've got to be pretty old if you're quoting Zork!!! I thought that it looked vaguely familiar!! That was my first computer game back in 1981
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Sun May 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Get all! :-D

Great times indeed... :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 15, 2005 8:26 pm

I don't MUD as much as I used to although I still visit Nightmare LPMUD and Medievia from time to time. I've coded on quite a few MUDs but not much since college. I actually used pathing/AI in a MUD-like environment as one of my final projects.

It's been a long time since I've played Zork. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun May 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't MUD as much as I used to although I still visit Nightmare LPMUD and Medievia from time to time. I've coded on quite a few MUDs but not much since college. I actually used pathing/AI in a MUD-like environment as one of my final projects.

Nightmare was a very good game, I stopped going there right after Praxis was destroyed. Just didn't have the time to readjust to everything. Medievia I never would play simply because I had less than zero respect for Vryce and Soleil. They were one of the major reasons I stopped releasing any of the source code from my game.

College programming courses were a major eye opener considering I was basically a self-taught programmer up until that point. I go back and look on my old source code from my MUD and cringe at the design. Maybe someday I'll get the game started back up.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 15, 2005 11:31 pm

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Vryce. I think I like the admin over at NM even less but for different reasons.

I had the same experience. I though I was a good coder then I got to college. Then I thought I was a good coder again and got into a real world environment. Truth is I meet people all the time who are better than me at something and I keep learning. Still I can go back and look at my code from a year ago and go, Eww did I write that? :-D

I guess that's the "art" aspect of it. You're never satisfied.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue May 17, 2005 2:19 am

Tavish wrote:Can't say I blame you, I still find a little bit of time (not nearly as much as I once did) to play and write text-based MUDs. Hard to beat free games that give you all the fun of slaying orcs and dragons with none of the guilty conscience that comes from doing the same in real life.

Where would one go to slay an orc or dragon in real life? I've been needing a good challenge and that sounds fun. Problem is that I don't know where to find an orc or dragon in real life. Can you tell me where to find one or the other, or both? :-)

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Tue May 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Madison wrote:Where would one go to slay an orc or dragon in real life?

Chicago, but most guys there just assume they are women because they are as attractive as most Chicago chicks.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 17, 2005 5:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't MUD as much as I used to although I still visit Nightmare LPMUD and Medievia from time to time. I've coded on quite a few MUDs but not much since college. I actually used pathing/AI in a MUD-like environment as one of my final projects.

It's been a long time since I've played Zork. :-D

Please speak english
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Punisher » Tue May 17, 2005 6:18 pm

Madison wrote:
Tavish wrote:Can't say I blame you, I still find a little bit of time (not nearly as much as I once did) to play and write text-based MUDs. Hard to beat free games that give you all the fun of slaying orcs and dragons with none of the guilty conscience that comes from doing the same in real life.

Where would one go to slay an orc or dragon in real life? I've been needing a good challenge and that sounds fun. Problem is that I don't know where to find an orc or dragon in real life. Can you tell me where to find one or the other, or both? :-)

:-D

You could always come into my dreams, thats the place where I battle dragons, orcs, goblins, etc.
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk