*Second Baseman Rankings* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

*Second Baseman Rankings*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Sun May 15, 2005 6:52 pm

If Biggio has the numbers he produced last year he is a top 5 2Bmen and he is on a better pace this year, so I don't get how he isn't top 5 on lists or even on their lists!!
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sun May 15, 2005 6:55 pm

And the thing about Biggio is that year in and year out, he's a solid fantasy player. You know he'll cross the plate around times, while 20-70 production numbers are a solid possibility. I don't know about you, but I think consistency is often undervalued in comparison to potential.

Biggio is a solid 2b, although there are better options.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Sun May 15, 2005 6:58 pm

davidmarver wrote:And the thing about Biggio is that year in and year out, he's a solid fantasy player. You know he'll cross the plate around times, while 20-70 production numbers are a solid possibility. I don't know about you, but I think consistency is often undervalued in comparison to potential.

I am not arguing, but he is arguably top 5 if not in the top 5, but out of all the lists on here he has not made a single one, until 2 posts ago.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Sun May 15, 2005 7:07 pm

Phatferd wrote:
davidmarver wrote:And the thing about Biggio is that year in and year out, he's a solid fantasy player. You know he'll cross the plate around times, while 20-70 production numbers are a solid possibility. I don't know about you, but I think consistency is often undervalued in comparison to potential.

I am not arguing, but he is arguably top 5 if not in the top 5, but out of all the lists on here he has not made a single one, until 2 posts ago.

While I agree he is a good 2b to have, and should be included in the lists, I hesitate to place him in front of Kent, Soriano, Roberts, Giles, or Loretta. After that it is a tossup and since I've always been a guy who has favored consistency over potential, I may rank Biggio 6th. He certainly deserves to be top ten.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon May 16, 2005 1:06 am

I'm agreeing with a few on here. Not much love for Biggio. He was probably wavier wire matieral at the begining of the season for many leagues. He as an OF doesn't have much value. Him as a 2B has great value. So many lists by people so far have just left him off even. According to CBS rankings for our points leagues he's the 4th best 2B as of now. I guess I'm liking him because in one of my leagues I picked up Biggio two games into the season, waited until he had his 2B eligibity and traded Boone for Dunn. The only way that deal gets done is because of Boone's NAME. Not because of his numbers. You have so many Sportscenter managers out there that go by what they hear/see on SC- wether good or bad- that they grossly over value some of these guys that get more mention than others.

The more I think about it the more I guess I do like the fact that not many give Biggio credit. I'll trade 'em some scrub. Keep the top 5 2B and boost my team elsewhere just because a guy like Boone has his name mentioned more often on Sportscenter.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 16, 2005 1:36 am

Jack-In-A-Box wrote:I'm agreeing with a few on here. Not much love for Biggio. He was probably wavier wire matieral at the begining of the season for many leagues. He as an OF doesn't have much value. Him as a 2B has great value. So many lists by people so far have just left him off even. According to CBS rankings for our points leagues he's the 4th best 2B as of now. I guess I'm liking him because in one of my leagues I picked up Biggio two games into the season, waited until he had his 2B eligibity and traded Boone for Dunn. The only way that deal gets done is because of Boone's NAME. Not because of his numbers. You have so many Sportscenter managers out there that go by what they hear/see on SC- wether good or bad- that they grossly over value some of these guys that get more mention than others.

The more I think about it the more I guess I do like the fact that not many give Biggio credit. I'll trade 'em some scrub. Keep the top 5 2B and boost my team elsewhere just because a guy like Boone has his name mentioned more often on Sportscenter.

I am in the opposite boat. I have Roberts and am trying to trade Biggio to get some SP, cause I have Harden and Zambrano. Someone just dropped Iguchi and I picked him up to have as my backup in case Roberts gets hurt (hoping to trade Biggio).

I want to package Biggio with ARAM to get a very good pitcher. What kind of pitcher do you think I can get with those two?
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Mon May 16, 2005 9:50 am

i was the first one to mention biggio. ;-D
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rckaflla88 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:54 am

i know he wont be in thre now...but the way he's playing....keep an eye out for jose castillo ;-D
rckaflla88
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AI8818 » Mon May 16, 2005 6:06 pm

Good point about Castillo...he could be special. ;-)
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon May 16, 2005 6:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:I do not understand why I see all these lists and Biggio is nowhere on them? Are the effects of April 20th still occuring? If so go see a doctor.

Biggio:
.301 AVG
.367 OBP
.541 SLG
.909 OPS
6 HR
12 2B
19 RBI
22 Runs
4 SBs

;-D
Krunk City King$