Navy Reserve question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Navy Reserve question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue May 17, 2005 3:04 am

I don't know anything about the Navy since I'm from an Air Force family. Sorry.

I can say that I wouldn't want to be stuck on a boat when a missle comes sailing at me. Put my rear end in a plane. If someone's good enough to shoot me down, then so be it, I had my chance and liked my odds, but don't stick me on a boat or in a sub where maneuverability is nil.

Sorry to hear about your friend Ryan. :,-(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue May 17, 2005 5:33 pm

Madison wrote:I don't know anything about the Navy since I'm from an Air Force family. Sorry.

I can say that I wouldn't want to be stuck on a boat when a missle comes sailing at me. Put my rear end in a plane. If someone's good enough to shoot me down, then so be it, I had my chance and liked my odds, but don't stick me on a boat or in a sub where maneuverability is nil.

Sorry to hear about your friend Ryan. :,-(

That's why I'd be on a carrier. You basically have to be hit with an A-Bomb to be sunk, and you also get to fly airplanes. A agree though that a sub would just suck.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 17, 2005 5:58 pm

RugbyD wrote:
acsguitar wrote:As a family member of course you should be concerned...as for me I will never ever ever join the Army due to many moral objections...if he really wants to then you have to respect that but again as a family member he should respect your thoughts and take that into account as well...

will it be worth the family trouble?

Anyways good luck

it will be worth the trouble. there isn't a cohesive train of thought going on and i'll leave it at that. his medical history should get him a big Heisman, but in times like these there is the incetive to reach a bit lower or overlook certain 'inconveniences'. as much as i love the military and wht they do for us, i do not trust 8 out of 10 words they utter. 9.5 of 10 for recruiters.

I ment will it be worth the family trouble if he does go...anyway I agree I don't trust much of what they say..Mission accomplished you know
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pablo975 » Fri May 20, 2005 7:10 am

As I tell the young guys I know who ask me about my Air Force days in the early 90's......GO COAST GUARD.

All the nice military benefits, and VERY little risk. The CG does have some folks overseas, but the vast majority are homeland security.

It's not as macho as the Army or Marines, but unless you just want to join for the opportunity to kill or be killed, it should mean nothing.

The AF and Navy are MUCH better places to be if you're aiming to learn a technological field or, obviously, air or sea experience.

I advise kids (all based on my personal experiences) to try, in order:

Coast Guard
Air Force
Navy
Marines
Army

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat May 21, 2005 2:17 pm

Pablo975 wrote:As I tell the young guys I know who ask me about my Air Force days in the early 90's......GO COAST GUARD.

All the nice military benefits, and VERY little risk. The CG does have some folks overseas, but the vast majority are homeland security.

It's not as macho as the Army or Marines, but unless you just want to join for the opportunity to kill or be killed, it should mean nothing.

The AF and Navy are MUCH better places to be if you're aiming to learn a technological field or, obviously, air or sea experience.

I advise kids (all based on my personal experiences) to try, in order:

Coast Guard
Air Force
Navy
Marines
Army

Where would you put the National Guard on this list? All the benefits as the rest and you'll be stationed at a local base. I've thought about joining.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk