How many moves have you made in your Yahoo league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many moves have you made in your Yahoo league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Guru » Sun May 15, 2005 2:28 am

35 - high

32 - me
(^) (o) - "Let's Hug it out"
The Guru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Sun May 15, 2005 11:06 am

I've made 23 so far. Tied with another guy for highest.
Wont make any more until Sheets comes off the DL.
Lowell is killing me. I wanted to use him as trade bait, but he is playing so bad, nobody wants him.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 011472 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:03 pm

I've made 10. It's much less than last year when I made more moves than the rest of the league. My leagues's high is 13 and the average is about 8.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:25 pm

10 Team Roto, I'm at 14 the highest is 26 and the lowest is 8. The guy with 26 loves to pick up alot of relievers and then trade them away.
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AlexF6262 » Sun May 15, 2005 2:42 pm

A guy in my league has done 40 trades already this season.... 8-o

Pujols, Sheff, Carpenter, Delgado... all the way to the top!
AlexF6262
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun May 15, 2005 3:09 pm

The highest in our league is 47...

But I think that's because we don't play with a waiver period.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CJ » Mon May 16, 2005 4:25 am

Damn, am I the only one who's league has a limit on moves?? The max moves for the YEAR is 24! I've only made 4 so far(least in the league), and the highest guy's made 17. But even that sounds puny compared to what everyone else here is saying. They wanted to limit moves to make it seem more like real-life team management. I kind of agree with it, but I guess it would be fun with no limit too.
CJ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby perhaps40t » Mon May 16, 2005 4:33 am

I've made 8 in my H2H yahoo league. My league has a max of 42 moves (the result of a compromise, 35 & 50). Having made eight, I'm a little nervous about having options later on but of the 8 managers, I have made the second least moves and am in first place by 6.5 games.

:)

EDIT: End of week just passed, I'm now ahead by 9 games.
Last edited by perhaps40t on Mon May 16, 2005 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
perhaps40t
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NZF » Mon May 16, 2005 5:09 am

Certainly making the most roster moves will not ensure you the league title but it should help more than hinder.

I'm in 5 roto leagues.

3 Cafe member leagues, 1 Yahoo winners and 1 Yahoo public where I'm punting the saves category for the hell of it.

In the Yahoo winners league I've made 28 moves, the most is 32 and the least is three. Everyone appears active. I'm leading the league by 20 points, the least active person is second and the most active is third.

In the Yahoo Public I've made 14 moves and am leading the league by 5 points. 7 other teams have made at least 10 roster moves, the most is 21 by a team that is in last place, 10 points behind the second last team.

In the Cafe Challenge I've made 17 roster moves and I'm leading the lead by 4.5 points. The most roster moves is Mr Marley with 23. Everyone has made at least 7 moves but interestingly the bottom five placed teams have made the least roster moves. Not sure if there is anything in that or not.

In the Cafe Members (Gene Tenace League) I've made 33 moves. Purple Haze has gone beserk with 58 moves to date and the third most is 23 moves. Next highest is 10 and the least is 2 by Curious George. The first three places are filled by those with the most roster moves. Curious George is last in the league by 9 points.

In the only league I'm not winning to date, Bleach's 16 team league, I've made 32 moves and I'm in 4th place, 12.5 points behind AKHomebrewers who is in first place and has made just 8 moves. Every team has made a move with the second, third and fourth placed teams being the most active. The fifth placed team has made only 2 roster moves and the seventh placed team just 1.

So after all that hot air I guess the moral of the story is that it pays to be more active than most in your league if you want to be a winner :-)
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby giambiformvp » Mon May 16, 2005 7:01 am

I've made 11 moves so far. High is 40, low is 3. Currently in first and ironically the person that made 40 moves is in last.
giambiformvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers