Stauffer STILL not on Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stauffer STILL not on Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stauffer STILL not on Yahoo

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat May 14, 2005 4:57 pm

I know Yahoo free leagues can lag sometimes, but this is HORRIBLE. If Harden goes DL, I'd like to take Stauffer to fill his spot... but it's been a week since he was called up and NOTHING!
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524


Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 828
Joined: 6 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sat May 14, 2005 4:58 pm

Yeah, kinda stupid, but I think the MLBPA has some requirements or something stupid like that.

But it'd be nice to have Stauffer active for his first start at Petco, most likely Monday.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Yahoo

Postby bigjimblue » Sat May 14, 2005 5:52 pm

I believe SP's must appear in 3 games before they are activated.
bigjimblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 410
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Athens, AL

Re: Yahoo

Postby Dans » Sat May 14, 2005 6:38 pm

bigjimblue wrote:I believe SP's must appear in 3 games before they are activated.


I'm almost positive that's not true. He Should be available in the next couple days.
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1092
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun May 15, 2005 4:27 am

It's the good old East Coast bias!!!! (and yet Yahoo is a Ca. company... :-? ) Wang for the Yankees was added into Yahoo the day before his MLB debut, and if need be you could have had him active on your roster for his 2nd start.. whereas Stauffer might be available for his 3rd start
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Postby jayman » Mon May 16, 2005 1:02 pm

This is getting stupid. They added C. Spurling on the 16th after one inning of work on the 15th! Stauffer is still not in and he pitched on the 11th!

Maybe they forgot.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby The Punisher » Mon May 16, 2005 1:22 pm

Good ol reliable Yahoo
Image
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1360
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fighting the Sith with Star Wars Kid

Postby Darkie Satchels » Mon May 16, 2005 1:23 pm

Spurling :-P

I feel your pain though - I am patiently waiting for Stauffer to be added.
Image

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 624
Joined: 28 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleacher Bum

Postby WharfRat » Mon May 16, 2005 1:51 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:It's the good old East Coast bias!!!! (and yet Yahoo is a Ca. company... :-? ) Wang for the Yankees was added into Yahoo the day before his MLB debut, and if need be you could have had him active on your roster for his 2nd start.. whereas Stauffer might be available for his 3rd start


There have been other guys from the West Coast who have been available pretty quick. I don't think the Stauffer case is as much a case of East Coast bias as it is a case of Yahoo sucking.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:03 pm

WharfRat wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:It's the good old East Coast bias!!!! (and yet Yahoo is a Ca. company... :-? ) Wang for the Yankees was added into Yahoo the day before his MLB debut, and if need be you could have had him active on your roster for his 2nd start.. whereas Stauffer might be available for his 3rd start


There have been other guys from the West Coast who have been available pretty quick. I don't think the Stauffer case is as much a case of East Coast bias as it is a case of Yahoo sucking.


Yeah I know... I was just kidding around!!!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:37 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact