Rich Harden's injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Harden's injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat May 14, 2005 5:05 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure....

That was by far his worst outing of the year, so in the short-term you got a big boost. When you're talking about ERA and K/9 ratios as good as we had, an outing like last night makes a huge difference.

Also, it looks like his next starts would be Boston, TB, TB, Toronto, Atlanta, NYM. Missing Boston should help him... but it'd hurt if he misses the three games against TB and Toronto, only to come back for Atlanta and the Mets. We'll just have to see. :-o
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Punisher » Sat May 14, 2005 5:10 pm

Im nervous as hell about him, I cant afford to lose him. I hope the A's or someone make their decision fast so I can know whats going on
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby duckbillgates » Sat May 14, 2005 6:21 pm

I blame myself for this. I was cruising with Johan, the Unit and Harden in our league that only has three starter slots. :-)
Then I decided to get greedy, shuffle some salary cap and pick up Mussina (whose owner dumped him after his third start) as insurance, hoping I wouldn't need it.
Sure enough, Harden may be DL-bound.
I'm still sitting pretty with the way Moose has pitched in his last three starts, but my apologies to the other Harden owners. I jinxed him.
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby strong » Sat May 14, 2005 6:41 pm

Won't know anything until they release the results of the MRI, but at the moment, it makes me feel that much better about dealing Harden to get Schmidt a few days ago.
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Sat May 14, 2005 7:01 pm

strong wrote:Won't know anything until they release the results of the MRI, but at the moment, it makes me feel that much better about dealing Harden to get Schmidt a few days ago.

I wouldn't be that sure about the deal, at least they know what is wrong with Harden.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby strong » Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm

hybrid wrote:I wouldn't be that sure about the deal, at least they know what is wrong with Harden.

I'm not that sure about the deal, but I haven't heard any news on Schmidt regarding an MRI or bad results of an MRI, and I'm choosing to believe he just needs a little rest. For what it's worth, Schmidt seems to think he'll be pitching once his 15 days are up... However, with Harden, it's quite likely he'll probably miss about 5 starts. I was struggling in my points league and made the trade feeling that Schmidt could outscore Harden even if he missed a few starts. Now that Harden will be shelved, I feel that much better about it. I'm not leaping out of my chair or anything, but when your season's slipping away you have to make some gambles...
Last edited by strong on Sat May 14, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wake » Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm

From rotowrold:

Rich Harden - S - OAK

Athletics placed RHP Rich Harden on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
No additional word yet on the severity of Harden's strain. He could miss anywhere from two to six weeks, depending on what the MRI turned up. It also has yet to be announced whether Keiichi Yabu or Seth Etherton will take his rotation spot. May. 14 - 7:32 pm et
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bobby » Sat May 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Anyone know how long it will take for Yahoo to list Harden as DL?
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat May 14, 2005 8:12 pm

Jeezus, bobby. How long have you been playin'. Once the A's make it official then Yahoo will have him Dled for us about a minute later.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby bobby » Sat May 14, 2005 8:22 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:Jeezus, bobby. How long have you been playin'. Once the A's make it official then Yahoo will have him Dled for us about a minute later.

I'm a first timer. This is the first guy on my team to get DL'd. Sorry.
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers