Rich Harden's injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Harden's injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Harden's injury

Postby Ousmagic » Sat May 14, 2005 11:05 am

i saw he came out of game early yesterday with an injury but i havent heard anything about it yet does anyone know anything??
Ousmagic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby citti34 » Sat May 14, 2005 11:15 am

Roto:
Harden left Friday's game with a left oblique strain, the Yankees television broadcast reports. We're not sure exactly what happene...

He didn't look like he wanted to come out, he looked at lil mad.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby decktard » Sat May 14, 2005 11:26 am

Here's a little blurb from http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=k ... &type=lgns

I don't know how accurate this is... but the report makes it sound at least kinda bad.

Not only did they lose their sixth in a row Friday, a messy 9-4 setback to the New York Yankees in front of 38,636 at McAfee Coliseum, they likely have lost starting pitcher Rich Harden for an extended period of time. Harden suffered a left oblique strain in the fourth inning and was forced to leave the game. A's manager Ken Macha said Harden probably is headed for the disabled list, but the team is waiting for him to receive an MRI before making a decision.
decktard
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Secret Avatar » Sat May 14, 2005 3:51 pm

Injuries like that generally keep a pitcher out for a month or so. Hudson had a similar injury last year, and I think he was out for a month or six weeks. It's definately bad news for his owners.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat May 14, 2005 4:07 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Injuries like that generally keep a pitcher out for a month or so. Hudson had a similar injury last year, and I think he was out for a month or six weeks. It's definately bad news for his owners.

Wasn't Hudson out longer than that, or does it just seem like it because that was the final nail in my teams coffin?
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat May 14, 2005 4:09 pm

Huddy missed 7 starts last year. That's about 6 weeks. But you're right, it definitely seemed longer than that.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Sat May 14, 2005 4:12 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Huddy missed 7 starts last year. That's about 6 weeks. But you're right, it definitely seemed longer than that.

They said that Harden's is in a different place then Hudson's, but they are still similiar. Hopefully he won't miss much time.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat May 14, 2005 4:13 pm

hybrid wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:Huddy missed 7 starts last year. That's about 6 weeks. But you're right, it definitely seemed longer than that.

They said that Harden's is in a different place then Hudson's, but they are still similiar. Hopefully he won't miss much time.

Harden's also 6 years younger. Maybe that will help the recovery time?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat May 14, 2005 4:54 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
hybrid wrote:

Harden's also 6 years younger. Maybe that will help the recovery time?

Six years younger and obviously spends ridiculous amounts of time conditioning, if you've see him in person. Plus, he didn't look happy to come out last night. I'm not even sure I expect DL time... but I'm going to be optimistic and hope 2-3 weeks if he does go DL.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Sat May 14, 2005 4:57 pm

ocmusicjunkie wrote:Six years younger and obviously spends ridiculous amounts of time conditioning, if you've see him in person. Plus, he didn't look happy to come out last night. I'm not even sure I expect DL time... but I'm going to be optimistic and hope 2-3 weeks if he does go DL.

Hey oc, you think this work in Harden's or Peavy's favor as far as our bet goes? I'm tending to think the latter. Had Harden not given up the amount of runs in that game prior to the injury I'd probably say the opposite, but right now Peavy can beat those two numbers if Harden were to be out for the rest of year (which obviously he isn't)
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers