i just quit my league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

i just quit my league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KolbSaves » Sat May 14, 2005 9:38 am

I hate any league where 20% of the teams quit.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby citti34 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:54 am

In my league we have the Vetoer post explaining why they vetoed. This method makes people feel reluctant to veto, and they only veto if they have a valid case. People are going to veto if they feel a team will be too good after the trade, and this is complete BS, but always happens. In your case, you're the most annoying of them all, QUITING, C'MON GUY. The thing that cracks me up is that you were going to continue the league if the commish let you have your way. People always think the trade they are involved in is fair, this can be an endless cycle if the commish lets every team have their way if they threat to quit.

citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nemo » Sat May 14, 2005 7:46 pm

wrveres wrote:I hate any league where somebody quits

Yep. I've never played in anything but a 5 team league, but if you think about the fact that any time a trade would be made that the trade is changing the lineups of 40% of the teams, it's not suprizing there are lots of vetos. It ends up being 3 against 2 because concievably both teams that are a part of the trades are getting better.

I'm very against vetos, but I can see how it would happen all the time in a 5 team league.

But that's no reason to quit. Play it out, do your best and get a new league or find more players for your current league next year.

I play fanstasy basketball every year with my same group that does baseball and football just so there are 12 teams. I hate the NBA and outside of the really big names I don't know squat and try to so as well as I can (while not doing any reasearch outside of the Yahoo notes and rankings). I pick up FAs, but never deal with trying to trade. I pretty much suck and don't care about it, but I do enough to keep the league fair.

Not really sure where that tangent came from other than to say DON'T QUIT.
Nemo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jumega » Sat May 14, 2005 7:55 pm

i see what you guys are saying..i hate to quit..but yeah what i attempted to do was a bit rash....i shouldnt have tried to ruin it for the rest of them

but the root of the problem is...people are vetoing when they shouldnt...and we have 1 person vetoing everything out of spite...which then makes only 1 real veto vote required

a lot of you may think me quitting is too rash or me taking it too seriously....but i think the exact opposite....it is no longer fun for me....so im washing my hand of the hassle and waste of time...if u ask me..i think peopel continueing to spend hours on hours playing a game that is not fun for them soley to please the other people involved...is taking it too seriously.....its just a game
jumega
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ActionHero » Sat May 14, 2005 8:07 pm

I see why this league would be no fun. But benching all your players and closing your Yahoo account is extreme. You claim that you didn't want to waste your own time, when in fact, that action took a lot more effort than just setting a lineup and letting it ride.
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Laean » Sat May 14, 2005 8:40 pm

jumega wrote:i see what you guys are saying..i hate to quit..but yeah what i attempted to do was a bit rash....i shouldnt have tried to ruin it for the rest of them

but the root of the problem is...people are vetoing when they shouldnt...and we have 1 person vetoing everything out of spite...which then makes only 1 real veto vote required

a lot of you may think me quitting is too rash or me taking it too seriously....but i think the exact opposite....it is no longer fun for me....so im washing my hand of the hassle and waste of time...if u ask me..i think peopel continueing to spend hours on hours playing a game that is not fun for them soley to please the other people involved...is taking it too seriously.....its just a game

exactly. so just walk away from it and let them play it out. actively ruining a league isn't washing your hands and walking away.

right, it's just a game. so no need to take it so personal or let it affect you so much that you actually ruin a league out of spite.

no one said you should keep playing even though it's not fun. and i do have sympathy for your situation. but washing your hands and dropping all your players are two different things.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jumega » Sat May 14, 2005 8:59 pm

Laean wrote:
jumega wrote:i see what you guys are saying..i hate to quit..but yeah what i attempted to do was a bit rash....i shouldnt have tried to ruin it for the rest of them

exactly. so just walk away from it and let them play it out. actively ruining a league isn't washing your hands and walking away.

right, it's just a game. so no need to take it so personal or let it affect you so much that you actually ruin a league out of spite.

no one said you should keep playing even though it's not fun. and i do have sympathy for your situation. but washing your hands and dropping all your players are two different things.

yes i know...i said in the very post u quoted that i shouldnt have tried to do what i did
jumega
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Laean » Sat May 14, 2005 9:02 pm

jumega wrote:
Laean wrote:

yes i know...i said in the very post u quoted that i shouldnt have tried to do what i did

yeah ... it just seemed to me like you said it, then went back on it later. but ok, i'll stop bothering you. i know i'm being annoying.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deadfish65 » Sun May 15, 2005 1:08 am

Go ahead and quit...the league is better off wihout you. You dont seem to undertand that a trade effects every team in the league...and when the commissioner tried to explan his reasoning to you...you didnt even listen...just blew him off.

So i say go ahead and quit. The league will fold but and you will be the biggest loser.
deadfish65
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jumega » Sun May 15, 2005 1:36 am

deadfish65 wrote:Go ahead and quit...the league is better off wihout you. You dont seem to undertand that a trade effects every team in the league...and when the commissioner tried to explan his reasoning to you...you didnt even listen...just blew him off.

So i say go ahead and quit. The league will fold but and you will be the biggest loser.

ill be a losewr because i quit a game that wasnt fun for me?...if u ask me...you taking someone wuitting a for fun league with his buddies as some kind of personal attack pon eachother's character....means yer the loser, loser

and screw his explanation..it was retarded....

no collusion?....NO VETO!

trying to regulate trade activity to keep everyoone as even as possible is straight rediciulous......he just didnt want to have to deal with having a weak roster
jumega
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers