This is two years in a row. :-t :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phantom Tag » Sat May 14, 2005 9:47 am

wrveres wrote:Again Scot Shields gets skipped ..
will he ever get his chance again ... :-t
This is two years in a row. :-t :-t

Shields dominates the 7th and 8th innings of ball games for the Angels and unless Escobar is going to miss over a month it makes more sense to just call someone up to make a spot start or 2
Phantom Tag
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hookem2003 » Sat May 14, 2005 3:00 pm

how long is escobar supposed to be out?
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Sat May 14, 2005 10:10 pm

hookem2003 wrote:how long is escobar supposed to be out?

No one is certain till the MRI results come back.

Also on Ervin, there still hasn't been any official word on whether or not he has been called up to the majors. It looks like the deicision is just between Bootcheck and Santana. One thing that is odd though, if you go to the Angels site and look at their active roster ... guess who is on it now? You got it, Ervin Santana.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hybrid » Sat May 14, 2005 10:13 pm

Here is what the Arkansas newspaper had to say....

"It looked like Ervin Santana was about to get the hook.
Instead, he is waiting on pins and needles.
Santana, the Arkansas Travelers’ right-handed ace, was pulled from Friday’s game with the Tul-1 sa Drillers after 2 /3 innings and by all appearances is heading for a promotion, possibly to the parent Los Angeles Angels.
"He’s pitched so good here we’re assuming that he probably could be done here, that’s what the assumption is," Manager Tom Gamboa said.
Santana labored in the first inning — seven of his first nine pitches were out of the strike zone and Delvin James was warming up in the bullpen — but by the time he struck out Alvin Colina to start the third, Santana was showing the form that made him the Angels’ top pitching prospect.
Then Gamboa came to the mound, and Santana soon was surrounded by teammates patting him on the head and back before he left for the dugout. Santana originally confirmed a promotion to Los Angeles in the clubhouse after he left the game, but after the Travs concluded their 4-1 victory, Santana said he was waiting to see what the Angels had in store for him.
"They haven’t told me yet," said Santana, who nonetheless appeared pleased at the turn of events.
"It’s one of those very possible maybes, nothing’s definite," Gamboa said.
Angels farm director Tony Reagins, making a visit to Little Rock this week, wouldn’t say Santana’s promotion was official. The Angels have been particular in the past about when and how such announcements are made.
"I’m not saying that there’s a promotion to the major leagues," Reagins said. "But what I am saying is we took Ervin out of the game tonight so that he’s in a position to help out at the higher level if he’s needed."
The Angels’ Kelvim Escobar was placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday because of bone spurs in his right elbow.
"Injuries happen," Reagins said. "That’s a part of the game. Obviously Ervin’s a starting pitcher but it doesn’t directly mean what happened to Kelvim directly affects Ervin."
Reagins said the Angels wanted Santana to get his scheduled start but limit his pitches should he be needed immediately. Reagins said Santana would stay in Little Rock at least for today to stick to his usual off-day treatments and routines.
"The scenario with him is there’s some things that are happening at higher levels and we didn’t want to extend his pitch count," Reagins said.
Reagins told Gamboa before the game to hold Santana to 30 pitches, which forced Gamboa to tell the right-handed James to be ready, explaining why James was up in the bullpen in the first."
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hybrid » Sun May 15, 2005 11:37 pm

Well I was right, he has been called up for Tuesday.

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp ... p&c_id=ana
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Punisher » Sun May 15, 2005 11:45 pm

Interesting, Ill definitely be keeping an eye on that game
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Sun May 15, 2005 11:57 pm

Hmm, interesting!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby donut » Mon May 16, 2005 2:25 am

donut wrote:no they're not calling up santana. he needs to stay in the minors. he's not major league ready yet. they're calling up chris bootcheck. the angles have yet to decide who will pitch...either bootcheck or kevin gregg.

}:-) there's no emoticon for putting my foot in my mouth!!
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby colt4523 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:46 am

Anyone know how long this guy is suppose to be up? I am planning on dropping jorge cantu for him since Santana will qualify as a reliever in my cbs league. Will he make more then one start?
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers