New Look Team! ActionHero, it is updated! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

New Look Team! ActionHero, it is updated!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Look Team! ActionHero, it is updated!

Postby NBAllStar » Sat May 14, 2005 12:54 am

I am in a 9-man roto league, standard Yahoo categories, and my team just isnt producing. I'd really like any advice possible, especially any trades you think I should make.
Here is my team:

C
J. Posada (NYY - C)

C.Delgado Fla- 1B)

Biggio-2B-OF
C.Guillen Det-SS

C. Beltrán (NYM - OF)

T. Hunter (Min - OF)

M.Cameron NYM-OF

J.Bay Pit-OF

Morenau MIN - 1B)

M. Giles (Atl - 2B)

B.Giles (SD - OF)

SP
C. Pavano (NYY - SP)

J. Smoltz (Atl - SP,RP)

D. Graves (Cin - RP)

H.Street Oak-RP

Pedro Martinez

Brad Lidge

B.Arroyo Bos SP

E. GagneDL (LAD - RP).

K.Foulke RP

T.Hudson ATL SP

I do not have a 3basemen right now, as there is basically no one to pick up. I am constantly trying to trade for one though. Currently looking at Koskie and Lowell and Hillenbrand of waivers wire. I also am not sure how long I should hold on to Beltran, and if he will be putting up 40 stolen bases this year. Delgado, M.Giles are also killing me!
In advance, thanx for all of your help
;-D
Last edited by NBAllStar on Tue May 17, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NBAllStar
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NBAllStar » Sat May 14, 2005 1:26 am

Anyone??? ActionHero, please help!
NBAllStar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ActionHero » Sat May 14, 2005 1:33 am

First thing you need to do is pickup a 3bman. Just pick up who ever's hottest and go with them until they cool down. Koskie and Hillenbrand have both been hitting the ball well, so just pick one and start accumulating their stats.

Your OF is average. Beltran will not be stealing 40 bases this year, but he's still a quality player. If you could trade him to somebody who still values him as a top5 player, then it might be a good move.

I'd look to trade Delgado for OF help. If you could package him and Bay for a Cabrera/Sheffield type, that would be a significant upgrade.

On the pitching side, you're in decent shape. Martinez, Smoltz, Hudson are a great trio. Your talent level drops considerably after them though -- I'd check the waiver wire to see if guys like Myers/Bedard are available.
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ActionHero » Sat May 14, 2005 1:47 am

PS - If you list some of the players available on the waiver wire, I'll let you know if there's anybody that shouldn't be there
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Semantic » Sat May 14, 2005 4:52 am

Grab Hillenbrand for 3b. He's red hot right now, but he should be a solid contributor anyways. He'll hit .300 with 15-20 homers for you.
Semantic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 011472 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:01 am

There's no way you should go without a 3B. I agree with the earlier poster- grab the hot hand (Hillenbrand) and find the next guy when Shea cools down.

I'm not sure how M. Giles is killing you. He's scoring runs and over .300. Youd didn't pick him up for is power. Delgado will produce numbers, but I would have Morneau starting for now.

What I would consider is trading a combination the above players, or Biggio to help you at C, 3B or OF. Delgado + Giles could pull in a 3B along the lines of Mora or Blaylock if the other guy is needy. Or Delgado + Biggio for Chipper. Either way, Morneau's your man at 1B.

Good luck. Check me out

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127360
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NBAllStar » Sat May 14, 2005 11:26 am

ActionHero, and all others:
I have Brett Myers, and I picked up Koskie for 3B.......but David Wright was just dropped, should I pick him up???? Also, there really is no one special on waivers, everyone in our league follows closely. I think you guys are right that I should get rid of Delgado and possibly Beltran.......who can I trade Beltran for?? In our league, people still believe him to be a top 5, so I can get top 5. I also just shipped Jorge Posada for Victor Martinez and Andruw Jones....good move?
NBAllStar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NBAllStar » Sat May 14, 2005 4:26 pm

I just traded Beltran and Arroyo for Vlad.....I think that really boosts my team! Any more advice?>
NBAllStar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NBAllStar » Sat May 14, 2005 5:51 pm

HELP
NBAllStar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ActionHero » Sat May 14, 2005 7:55 pm

That's a good trade getting Vlad for Beltran + Arroyo. Arroyo is slightly overrated and you can easily find a replacement for him on the waiver wire.

The Posada trade could work out as well, providing Martinez gets going. I think he'll eventually come around, but you may have a few more painful weeks.

I'd also prefer Wright over Koskie, but Wright's been ice cold lately also. He was 3/4 today, so maybe he's back. Don't expect the 15-20 steals people were projecting for him though.

Overall, I think your team is on the right track now. You could still use one more big hitter next to Vlad. Your pitching is really strong now with Pedro, Hudson, Smoltz, and Myers. If it were me, I'd be trying to sell Smoltz+somebody else to get another really strong OF. I like Smoltz, but feel that he's still a riskier play than your other pitchers. Plus I'm really sold on Myers being a stud the rest of the year.

The guys I'd be looking to upgrade on your team would be Cameron and Pavano. Hunter and Bay are okay for your bench, but you could do better in a 9 team league. Once you get quality players on your team, you'll have to start paying attention to the scoring in the different categories. Your goal should be to try to finish 1st or 2nd in as many categories as possible. You may have to tweak your lineup a little based on what categories you need, but you have most of the players you need to make a serious run.

Good luck!
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team