Clint Barmes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clint Barmes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Sat May 14, 2005 2:38 am

perlick29 wrote:Check the home road splits. He's a product of coors just like every other rockies hitter. That's why he doesn't get as much respect round here.

.333 Avg on the road isn't bad. I'll take 'em.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Sat May 14, 2005 2:49 am

I actually got into a bidding war for him before the season started. Okay, he only got up to $4, but I'd like to know how many other leagues that happened in.

Of course, he played in a wooden bat league in Waterloo (where I live), so that might explain it.

Overall, it's hard to argue with the numbers... but he's also been hitting right in front of Helton for most of the season. I don't care how much Todd's struggled, you're going to see some hitable pitches if you're hitting in that slot.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Clint Barmes

Postby thehat » Sat May 14, 2005 3:10 am

RVD420 wrote:I dont see enough love for this kid. Everywhere I look theres a Brian Roberts thread, but what about Barmes? Another big game for him with 2 HR, 5 Rbi and brought his average up to .400. I know Roberts has been stellar thus far, but lets hear some love for Barmes.

Are you kiddin'? Barmes has gotten tons of mention here. Do a search.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 14, 2005 8:34 am

As far as fantasy goes, I don't care if it is a Coors effect. Homers in Coors count the same as ones in Camden Yards!
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby TB13 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:28 am

New Zealand Fan wrote:The Coors factor is huge but to be fair the kid is still hitting .333 on the road

Saying he's hitting .333 on the road does not really tell you the full story. The fact of the matter is that only one of his homers comes away from Coors & only 6 of his RBI's are away from Coors. Away from Coors, his OPS tumbles from 1.312 to .849. Not that he is not a great fantasy find for this year, he is. However, one can make a case that aside from the BA, he's a Coors only player.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 14, 2005 11:44 am

TB13 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:The Coors factor is huge but to be fair the kid is still hitting .333 on the road

Saying he's hitting .333 on the road does not really tell you the full story. The fact of the matter is that only one of his homers comes away from Coors & only 6 of his RBI's are away from Coors. Away from Coors, his OPS tumbles from 1.312 to .849. Not that he is not a great fantasy find for this year, he is. However, one can make a case that aside from the BA, he's a Coors only player.

That .849 OPS would rank him 7th among all 2B with 100+ ABs and 3rd among all SS with 100+ ABs.

It isn't as good as his home numbers, but it's better than most SS and 2B.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby superfly » Sat May 14, 2005 12:40 pm

His low RBI numbers away from Coors is more of a result of his teammates dropping off rather than him not hitting well. Obviously, he isn't hitting as well away from Coors but a .333 average is very solid.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cooner » Sat May 14, 2005 5:52 pm

TB13 wrote:

You're joking right? "Tumbles" to .849? I'll take a middle infielder with an .849 OPS who I got off the waiver wire every day of the week! ;-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FlawedReasoning » Sat May 14, 2005 5:53 pm

Cooner wrote:
TB13 wrote:

You're joking right? "Tumbles" to .849? I'll take a middle infielder with an .849 OPS who I got off the waiver wire every day of the week! ;-D

Me too! And I do, happily! ;-D
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Sat May 14, 2005 6:55 pm

superfly wrote:His low RBI numbers away from Coors is more of a result of his teammates dropping off rather than him not hitting well. Obviously, he isn't hitting as well away from Coors but a .333 average is very solid.

not solid. Awesome. I hope that he doesn't fall off too much. I'm hanging onto Reyes just in case he tanks in the second half.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers