How valuable is A. Eaton? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How valuable is A. Eaton?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How valuable is A. Eaton?

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Fri May 13, 2005 2:52 pm

I picked this guy up from WW in April, thinking of trading him for Figgins. I feel like I might be missing something. Does his record of 4-1 really reflect his value, and will these #s continue?
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Fri May 13, 2005 3:22 pm

I doubt you would get Figgins for Eaton - Eaton was one of my sleepers this year, he is very streaky - and should be a solid low end starter
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby phunkadelic » Fri May 13, 2005 3:26 pm

I personally think he'll do very well this year compared to his perceived value. I'm in a 10-team, NL-only league and I consider him tied as my #3 SP. Tied with Andy Pettite, behind Peavy and Beckett, but ahead of Mark Redman.

14-17 wins is not at all out of the question, with some good supporting numbers to go along with the wins.

Of course, that's just my humble opinion.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri May 13, 2005 4:44 pm

if he can get his whip under control (hes very hittable sometimes) eaton will be damn good. until he does that he will be average. a decent middle rotation guy. ive got him in all my leagues and have been happy with his production for the most part. depending on the guys pitching needs now is the time to try to grab figgins . he is in a horrible slump going like 1/21 or something in the last week (course so is everyone on the angles). wether you can get straihgt up for him is anouth question. hope (like i am anywas) he has a good night in fla and see wht his value is.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RAmst23 » Fri May 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Eaton is one of those SD/LAD pitchers that you always wanna start at home and then be ready to bench him when he goes away. IMO the best pitcher out of this group is Odalis Perez, who has a 3.20 ERA in LA, and an over 5.00 ERA on the road. Odalis is a great spot starter type as he's very consistent, always good at home, always bad away.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CPHFighter1 » Sat May 14, 2005 5:58 am

RAmst23 wrote:Eaton is one of those SD/LAD pitchers that you always wanna start at home and then be ready to bench him when he goes away. IMO the best pitcher out of this group is Odalis Perez, who has a 3.20 ERA in LA, and an over 5.00 ERA on the road. Odalis is a great spot starter type as he's very consistent, always good at home, always bad away.

It seems like I've been waiting forever now for Eaton to become Jason Schmidt. Eaton was actually worse at home last year than away. I'm sure he'll develop into a good pitcher, but I'm not betting on it anymore.
I agree about Perez, he is a must start at home. Another intriguing guy that pitches MUCH better at home in SoCal is John Lackey. Check out his career splits:
HOME: 3.58 ERA 1.30 WHIP
AWAY: 5.28 ERA 1.49 WHIP
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers