Pujols

Darkhorse:

Chipper
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CPHFighter1 » Fri May 13, 2005 10:35 pm

nuggets, your point is well taken. I'd be interested to see what these stats look like for some other guys, but there has to be a systematic way of selecting the 'top pitchers', otherwise its too easy to cook the books. It's not flawed if the sample of pitchers is consistent for each player looked at, but it's probably too early in the year to generate a big enough sample for everyone doing it consistently. Could be an interesting thing to look at in the offseason.

Sucks you lost your work on Barmes, but I saw it before you erased it.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bselig » Fri May 13, 2005 10:36 pm

Nice list, I wouldn't pick Barmes first but he pretty obviously has to be considered in any top ten nl batters list
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nuggets » Fri May 13, 2005 10:43 pm

CPHFighter1 wrote:nuggets, your point is well taken. I'd be interested to see what these stats look like for some other guys, but there has to be a systematic way of selecting the 'top pitchers', otherwise its too easy to cook the books. It's not flawed if the sample of pitchers is consistent for each player looked at, but it's probably too early in the year to generate a big enough sample for everyone doing it consistently. Could be an interesting thing to look at in the offseason.

Cool man thanks. Yea I think the Helton stats are the only thing bringing it validity so far, and that's a pretty nice way to do it :-D with the main competition for batting title on the same team...interesting senario...last 1 games of the year and the Rox suck Helton is batting .340 and Barmes .341 does Helton sit (as well as Barmes) in order to give the new kid the title?

K yea I like dreaming up funny senarios like that...
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Sat May 14, 2005 9:40 am

nuggets wrote:
CPHFighter1 wrote:nuggets, your point is well taken. I'd be interested to see what these stats look like for some other guys, but there has to be a systematic way of selecting the 'top pitchers', otherwise its too easy to cook the books. It's not flawed if the sample of pitchers is consistent for each player looked at, but it's probably too early in the year to generate a big enough sample for everyone doing it consistently. Could be an interesting thing to look at in the offseason.

Cool man thanks. Yea I think the Helton stats are the only thing bringing it validity so far, and that's a pretty nice way to do it :-D with the main competition for batting title on the same team...interesting senario...last 1 games of the year and the Rox suck Helton is batting .340 and Barmes .341 does Helton sit (as well as Barmes) in order to give the new kid the title?

K yea I like dreaming up funny senarios like that...

Never in a million years would ROX do that, Helton has been their franchise, is stll thier franchise & has been very loyal to them. If they were to undercut him to give a rook the title(which he will no where near anyway come Oct) Helton would probably have played his last game in Denver. IF it were to happen they both would play the last game of the year to give them an equal share.

Helton has just done way too much for them, to sell him out that would be a big time baseball injustice.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat May 14, 2005 12:06 pm

Pierre or Pujols if you ask me.

Abrue is a dark horse
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion