Mike Cameron - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mike Cameron

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mike Cameron

Postby MyAddidas » Fri May 23, 2003 2:39 pm

Brand new here. Looks like a cool place. Hope to help and get some in return. My question is, Does anyone have insight as to why Cameron's steals output is much lower this year? I might obtain him in a trade as a throw in, but I would like to hear any thoughts on this. I could use his steal bigtime. Otherwise he is useless to me. Thanks.
MyAddidas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Longshot » Fri May 23, 2003 3:19 pm

He is a little behind his normal pace. He's been on first 43 times (20 singles + 23 walks) and tried to steal 6 times. That means 15% of the time he is on 1st he tries to steal. So, lets say he ends up hitting 75 singles and walking 75 times, both accurate, for a total of 150 times on 1st. 15% of that is 23 times, and if we assume he is caught 6 times, that means only 17 stolen bases. Add in the few times he may steal third or get on base by some other means (hbp) and we'll say he's on pace for 20, tops. I don't like that. I think he will begin to steal more soon, and a lot of it has to do with the Mariners prolonged homestand. Cameron has always been a much better player on the road and so he should get more chances to steal once they leave SafeCo
Hank Blalock is The Truth
Longshot
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tjhksig » Fri May 23, 2003 3:36 pm

Yes, Safeco is Cameron's Kryptonite. I never play him at Safeco.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Fri May 23, 2003 3:36 pm

Different manager this year. Maybe a different more conservative philosophy. Ichiro is down exactly 2% from last year in attempt percentage. It's not a bad wager that both of them will have less steals this year. Let's not forget that these guys don't just steal whenever they feel the urge. Only a select few ever had that license such as Rickey. Steal totals are usually a direct reflection of what risks the manager chooses to take.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

hm

Postby rjforlife » Fri May 23, 2003 6:58 pm

i just think cameron hasnt been in steal situations as much hitting so low in the lineup hes usually getting on with the other good hitters that hit in front of him in the way instead of being on first all alone and he also has hit more extra-base hits so his sbs are down.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Return to Baseball Leftovers